The Jacob Ramsey Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Jacob Ramsey Thread

Dunno what they put in his porridge over the summer but the lad that turned up this season is a different kettle of fish to the neat and tidy but timid player of last season. Great to see.

Spinach.
He's on the long-established Popeye diet.

Actually I take that back, he was shit. 😂😂😂

W-L-D (T)
19-41-6 (66)

41 defeats in 66 fights! I suppose if nothing else it shows determination and an unwillingness to ever give up!

Actually I take that back, he was shit. 😂😂😂

W-L-D (T)
19-41-6 (66)

41 defeats in 66 fights! I suppose if nothing else it shows determination and an unwillingness to ever give up!
Boxing is not about how many times you get knocked down. It's about how many times you get back up and carry on!

Murmurings of an England call up, Liverpool interest. He's not for sale but in today's mad world he's probably got a £40m price tag now, if not higher. Very excited by his development and further potential.

Just on Ramsey’s form this season, where he has stepped up his output in the last few months and Stevie G is giving him that licence to drive forward when the time is right. Having a narrower front 3 to me was the most obvious thing we needed to change from Smith which suits the likes of Ramsey and Buendia who are more intricate players.

There were a few posts a few pages debating what had changed between the Ramsey of last season and this season. I actually think Ramsey has played well all season even if the goals weren’t there. There were games where he drove us on and that actually worried me as it was almost Jack-like putting pressure on a young player to deliver. I didn’t like what I was seeing with that, luckily SG has come in and more players are performing, meaning JJ can step it up and be decisive at certain moments.

Ramsey has been excellent pretty much all season. Go back and look at the Watford match thread and people are saying that he was MOTM despite only coming on second half.

I used to compare hin to Andre Green in that you could tell that he's got something but didn't have enough confidence to do anything other than the very simple things on the pitch. Unlike Green though somethings clicked inside Ramsey and he's gained that confidence.

I think his physical development has underpinned a good amount of his rise. He has put on a lot of muscle mass and looks far stronger for it, he even looks a touch quicker to me.

Mentally things have clicked and whilst last season he was really just warming into this level he is now extremely confident with respect to what he can do and has no qualms doing it.

SG is also giving him the role and responsibilities on the pitch which are perfect for his game.

Simple really in my humble. SG has a certain way of playing and it has brought the best out of Ramsey. Ramsey was never particularly poor under Deano he was just playing within himself and carrying out the instructions which didn’t showcase his talent. Get and give it simple. Great stats no doubt but limited impact on the game.

Managers have their ways and it will suit some and not others (as discussed in the YKW thread) . Look at what has happened to Targett. He was a competent premier league left back under Smith but under SG …well…less said really.

Ramsay seems very committed to his game. Whilst at a similar Grealish was paralytic and lying prostrate in the middle of a road in Tenerife, Ramsay is hitting the gym and coming back the following season a lot stronger. Crucial he keeps this attitude up.

Poor performance today but not the only one by far. We've got to stop expecting a 20 year old to dig us out of whatever shit our experienced internationals have got us into.

I used to compare hin to Andre Green in that you could tell that he's got something but didn't have enough confidence to do anything other than the very simple things on the pitch. Unlike Green though somethings clicked inside Ramsey and he's gained that confidence.

With Green, I honestly think it was just injury after injury. He was a top prospect and then it just 'went'.

With Green, I honestly think it was just injury after injury. He was a top prospect and then it just 'went'.

Possibly. I'm really happy that Green seems to he doing well in Slovakia. He plays every week and has been scoring goals in Europe, only the new conference thing but better than slogging it out in league 1.

Possibly. I'm really happy that Green seems to he doing well in Slovakia. He plays every week and has been scoring goals in Europe, only the new conference thing but better than slogging it out in league 1.

Oh great, really pleased to hear that. Fingers crossed he stays fit and really can re-build his career.