The in no way sad computer game thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The in no way sad computer game thread

Draig Cymraeg - 21/2/2012 11:49

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 21/2/2012 11:44

There is a real lack of the sort of games I like, or seems to be. I don't really like these modern shooters - I don't want a squad to help me, I don't really want to drive tanks. I want to work reconnaissance the place, work out a strategy and then put it in place in my own time.

Silenced weapons were silenced. Sniper rifles worked. The AI came after you, not just stood there staring. Sneaking properly was a viable strategy.

Did anyone else play IGI? It's quite old now, but that is what I mean. The last one like it was Crysis 2. There were loads of different ways of achieving the objective, and no stupid team-mates to get in the way or kill everyone before you get there.

I think maybe most of them are aimed at the Online world today.

You need to checkout the new Hitman game then when its released. It should be this year but its basically just what you said.

Not sure if you've played the other Hitmans before but you can go and complete your objective all guns blazing if you want, or do the more steathly approach and sneak/trick your way to the target.

Great fun.

Yep - enjoyed Hitman. Not quite as good as some, because the controls were a bit hot and miss.

Did anyone every play Hidden and Dangerous? You controlled 4 Soldiers, giving instructions to each, and then stepping in and controlling one at a time as appropriate. They each had different skills and weapons, and it really felt like a real mission. I wish there was anew version of that coming out.

I played project IGI on the pc a long time ago, it was a very good game as i remember.

Ive played the Hitman series, they were quality, anyone remember max payne with Blade kung fu 3 mod?!

Yeah, in project IGI you couldn't just run in all guns blazing. Today it's how quick you can shoot, not how quick you can think, in many games.

Max Payne was OK, but never saw the modded versions. Sounds fun.

Talking of which, I saw something about Mods for Skyrim the other day. It had things like adding light Sabres to the weapons list!!! Does anyone know anything about it as I can't find it again?

Its all about Metal Gear Solid, phenomenally enjoyed the relaunched HD version of Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater and Peace Walker.

My Fav game series of all time.

Love Oblivion and Skyrim - Got into Skyrim but can't play it at the moment as I have too much coursework I can't afford to miss out on due to getting addicted to it.

Mass Effect is then my next favourite absolutely love it, yet another game I'll have to miss out on otherwise I shall get addicted!

Wouldn't mind a new fallout coming out either if they'd like to :35:

Loved the Hitman series, Splinter Cell is one of those good sneaking games but I'm sure you would of played that Heath!

ha ha, you brought me back into it, I was happy to leave you to it, as I was doing: at your request!

Do you know, I haven't played Splinter Cell. After all the other Tom Clancy inspired games I though it was much of the same. Just looked it up and will try and get hold of it, as it does look like it is different to the others. Cheers Iniesta.

James06 - 21/2/2012 16:42

ha ha, you brought me back into it, I was happy to leave you to it, as I was doing: at your request!

But, that means you are reading it? Why is that? You have no interest in the subject, or anything to add to the discussion? Surely you have better things to do with your time? You're not wasting your life away lurking on Forums, are you?

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 21/2/2012 16:47

James06 - 21/2/2012 16:42

But, that means you are reading it? Why is that? You have no interest in the subject, or anything to add to the discussion? Surely you have better things to do with your time? You're not wasting your life away lurking on Forums, are you?

Force of habit, I'm leaving work in the next half an hour, so I tend to have a browse through the forums and facebook etc.. before I go, rather than starting something new and while I'm being paid. As luck would have it I stumbled across you talking about me in here so felt oliged to reply, and of course in a very polite and supportive way.

Hope this clears things up for you.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 21/2/2012 16:46

Do you know, I haven't played Splinter Cell. After all the other Tom Clancy inspired games I though it was much of the same. Just looked it up and will try and get hold of it, as it does look like it is different to the others. Cheers Iniesta.

No worries! The newest one is a very enjoyable sneaking game!

If thats what you enjoy you will definitely like it, sure it could be picked up very cheap now pre-owned!