The Holiday Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Holiday Thread

Tenerife with in mid-August for a week and then when we get back, we're off to a 3-day festival (involves camping, unfortunately) before the kids go back to school.

Very much looking forward to them both, I must say.

JuanPabloAngel - 6/5/2017 14:03

Tenerife with in mid-August for a week and then when we get back, we're off to a 3-day festival (involves camping, unfortunately) before the kids go back to school.

Very much looking forward to them both, I must say.

Used to go to Tenerife in my younger days...Playa de la Americas!

Wouldnt mind going back, maybe to the North of the island or around Los Gigantes. Get a scooter for a week and tour.

Enjoy your hol JPA

Cheers Chico.

We're going to the south of the island, near Costa Adeje but slightly away from Playa de las Americas (too old for that, and the kids not old enough yet!!). Waterparks the order of the day, although like your good self, I have an interest in photography so am looking forward to heading up Mount Teide for a few shots.

Done Vegas for what's his names wedding.

Got Paris with the gang to see Coldplay.

Milan with deano and phil later in the year to see Kasabian.

Going to try to sell a Tag and go to Malaysia i think. BodyButter has been grooming me for a while. If I go get over there, got to plan what I do location wise.

The Fear - 6/5/2017 10:47

Warning about Cape Verde

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3490756/brit-tourists-warned-over-spike-of-sex-attacks-and-pick-pocket-robberies-at-holiday-hot-spot-cape-verde/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-TheSun-_-News-_-FBLink-_-Question-_-FBPAGE

Worth bouncing as this was why I restored the thread but it ended up the last post on the previous page.

This summer there is going to be a family reunion in County Mayo for the posterity (and their partners) of Mrs BBJ's parents.
If everyone showed up (unlikely) ther'd be 104 people. (Our branch of the family would contribute 31 of those - not sure if they can all come either.)
So, we've rented a house locally for a fortnight (good deal too, just short of €1,000). The reunion is due to take place the middle weekend so we'll do a bit of sight-seeing the week before and after.

BBJ - 7/5/2017 01:11

This summer there is going to be a family reunion in County Mayo for the posterity (and their partners) of Mrs BBJ's parents.
If everyone showed up (unlikely) ther'd be 104 people. (Our branch of the family would contribute 31 of those - not sure if they can all come either.)
So, we've rented a house locally for a fortnight (good deal too, just short of €1,000). The reunion is due to take place the middle weekend so we'll do a bit of sight-seeing the week before and after.

I went to Mayo last summer. It's beautiful but the weather is so erratic. It's impossible to plan anything.

We stayed in Killala. Lovely people in Mayo.

Off to Kansas City for a wedding and then to Colorado in July/August. Hopefully might also get a few days in Eastern Tennessee too and maybe a weekend in Savannah, GA.

So if one was going to Malaysia, where would we all be suggesting that person goes whilst so far over in that direction for a relaxing break?!

The Fear - 7/5/2017 13:39

So if one was going to Malaysia, where would we all be suggesting that person goes whilst so far over in that direction for a relaxing break?!
I've only been to KL. not relaxing but defo worth 2 or 3 days there. Great food and nightlife and going up the Petronas Tower to the bridge is worth while .