The Holiday Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Holiday Thread

Fulford - 15/6/2017 18:47

DeanoVilla - 15/6/2017 14:32

Dude the free dining offer is on now .

http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/deals/free-dining-in-2018/040/

Reckons you can save up to £700 per person, which I can vouch for you get an awful lot of bang for your buck (or no buck seeing as it's free). Sounds like a con but it's not trust me, it's great.

If all you want to do is Disney I'd recommend booking a deluxe disney hotel for the entire length of your stay and make the most of it.

If you wnat to do all the other parks too, then maybe just do that for a week then book a cheap Villa or cheap hotel on i_Drive for the 2nd week?

Thanks Deano.

I was looking at the meal plans together with the Boardwalk Inn Hotel.

Don't want to do self catering and hoping to avoid driving.

That Boardwalk hotel is fantastic mate. We went there for a character breakfast one morning. Seemed very posh.

Also you're not far (5 minute walk) from an absolutely awesome Ice Cream Parlour called Beaches & Cream, if Ice cream is your thing, make sure you give it a visit.

And yes as it's classed as a deluxe resort you'd be entitled to the full dining package including breakfast, counter service lunch, table service dinner and 2 snacks per person.

Some of the restaurants are awesome. The 50's diner was great, 'd highly reccomend the pot roast.

You can also eat in Cinderalla's castle, although that costs you 2 of your dining vouchers per person, so essentially you miss out on a meal one night then.

All this talking about it is making me want to go back.

Star Wars Land opens this year, so thats reason enough.

Maybe when Buddy is a little older.... just gotta find a spare £15,000 from somewhere.... :23:

DeanoVilla - 20/6/2017 14:50

All this talking about it is making me want to go back.

Star Wars Land opens this year, so thats reason enough.

Maybe when Buddy is a little older.... just gotta find a spare £15,000 from somewhere.... :23:

The right 6 no on the lottery would solve that problem :14:

Off to Athens on Saturday to meet up with my wife. (She is currently applying for a visa to join me in UK. I feel kind of guilty about bringing her here from Hong Kong at the moment though i must be honest).
2 nights in Athens followed by 2 weeks of island hopping, vising Syros, Paros and Santorini, finishing off with 4 more nights in Athens. Can' t wait to see her, and for some proper Chill, as my usual trips are pretty much full on and hectic! Honeymoon here i come!

Want to try and get away for 4/5 days end of August.

Obviously with the mad Vegas wedding and Hawaii honeymoon, it's going to have to be cheap and cheerful, so thinking of a caravan park, or something of that ilk. Just something self catering near a beach with stuff for the kids to do.

Obvious choices are Cornwall, Devon and Wales, but they are also the most expensive by the looks of it.

Can anyone recommend any British coast line that may not be as popular but may be a bit cheaper?

Thanks Melon and Deano for the help and advice.

Today we have booked Disney's Animal Kingdom lodge for 2 weeks next May.

Can't wait.

DeanoVilla - 21/6/2017 12:21

Want to try and get away for 4/5 days end of August.

Obviously with the mad Vegas wedding and Hawaii honeymoon, it's going to have to be cheap and cheerful, so thinking of a caravan park, or something of that ilk. Just something self catering near a beach with stuff for the kids to do.

Obvious choices are Cornwall, Devon and Wales, but they are also the most expensive by the looks of it.

Can anyone recommend any British coast line that may not be as popular but may be a bit cheaper?

Skegness?

Fulford - 27/6/2017 14:36

Thanks Melon and Deano for the help and advice.

Today we have booked Disney's Animal Kingdom lodge for 2 weeks next May.

Can't wait.

Nice one. You will have a great time, guaranteed.

A return to Kuala Lumpur end of July. Very unusual for me but I miss our first home game.

Any advice/suggestions on travel money?

I get the MSE email every week, and Martin Lewis advises getting half of you currency now, and the other half just before you go away. The reasoning being, if the pound falls, you have half your money at a decent(ish) rate, and if the pound improves, you get half at the new, improved rate.

Any suggestions? Anyone got any experience with these pre-paid currency cards, which are supposed to offer the best exchange rates and offer credit card-style payment protection.

The Fear - 28/6/2017 14:28

A return to Kuala Lumpur end of July. Very unusual for me but I miss our first home game.

There must be a good reason for you to go back so soon.

JuanPabloAngel - 28/6/2017 16:41

Any advice/suggestions on travel money?

I get the MSE email every week, and Martin Lewis advises getting half of you currency now, and the other half just before you go away. The reasoning being, if the pound falls, you have half your money at a decent(ish) rate, and if the pound improves, you get half at the new, improved rate.

Any suggestions? Anyone got any experience with these pre-paid currency cards, which are supposed to offer the best exchange rates and offer credit card-style payment protection.

We did a pre paid card when we went to the US. Not impressed to be honest . Pre - loaded it with dollars and when we used it over there was no PIN number required and the shops didn't ask for any signature which we just went with at the time but seemed slack. Got back home and received notification of over 300 dollars of fraudulent use. Luckily we had cleared the card when we got home and i think we were covered had we not so there is a plus.

Don't know what the current pre paid cards are like as this was a couple of years ago, maybe they have changed ?.

If you're going on holiday, and planning to fraudulently claim you had food poisoning the whole time to get your money back, maybe don't post pictures of yourself all over Facebook. Eating and drinking.

"I was ill on the holiday but I’m willing to drop the claim as I’m currently in a dispute with my ex-partner and I don’t want the extra stress of it all."

And presumably he wants to draw a line under the fact he is a completely clueless idiot? :3: :2:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/bodybuilder-who-claimed-compensation-over-13256171.amp