The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread | Page 380 | Vital Football

The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread

Not particularly insightful, but if you want to go over the past, some quotes from Critchley about his brief stint at Villa

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/neil-critchley-opens-up-aston-25575626
He sounds a bit bitter about the whole thing, but, then again as a coach there aren't that many more bigger jobs in the PL than coaching at Villa, and he (and the whole coaching staff) screwed it up at the time, and had ample opportunity to turn it around.

Critchley I can give the benefit of the doubt because he was literally only here for a hot minute and it probably screwed him slightly financially too. I mean did he even do 3 months worth of work? He basically missed the entire summer period which I have a really strong feeling is something to do with Australia's visa requirements.

Anyway, I get why he'd be bitter there is a case to say he had little time to put a mark on things. At the same time, he had no hope of putting any sort of mark on them with Gerrard around, and finally, he simply is not of the required ability to coach at this level either.

So both things can be true Neil, you are hard done by not getting enough time but you also weren't good enough because even in this short space of time you did nothing with the players.

Critchley another one crying that Villa fans were a bit severe in their criticism of Gerrard because he didn't have enough time.
He had the best part of a year, in which he didn't move the club forward one inch, couldn't get the team playing coherently, lost the squad with his ability to throw players under the bus and the fans with his utter bullshit.
We now have a manager/head coach who, with the same players, beat Man U and Brighton in the league and took the club up to 12th in the league. A manager/head coach who in less than a month has the players loving him and his methods.
Beckham paid £150 million to be the face of the Qatar WC. That's World Cup, not water closet.

Critchley another one crying that Villa fans were a bit severe in their criticism of Gerrard because he didn't have enough time.
He had the best part of a year, in which he didn't move the club forward one inch, couldn't get the team playing coherently, lost the squad with his ability to throw players under the bus and the fans with his utter bullshit.
We now have a manager/head coach who, with the same players, beat Man U and Brighton in the league and took the club up to 12th in the league. A manager/head coach who in less than a month has the players loving him and his methods.
Beckham paid £150 million to be the face of the Qatar WC. That's World Cup, not water closet.
In a parallel universe I would love to have seen the magnificent Stevie G's results against Utd and Brighton...

Or maybe not.

Looks the PR initiative by Gerrard's mates has failed. Rangers have poached Beale from QPR - overlooking the readily available Stevie G !

It's a job abroad or a backroom job at scousepool for the grumpy boy wonder.

Latest odds to replace Southgate (should he leave) are:

Mauricio Pochettino - 4/1

Thomas Tuchel - 5/1

Brendan Rodgers - 8/1

Eddie Howe - 10/1

Graham Potter - 12/1

Frank Lampard - 16/1

Steve Cooper - 16/1

Steven Gerrard - 16/1

The would has gone stark raving bonkers ...

Latest odds to replace Southgate (should he leave) are:

Mauricio Pochettino - 4/1

Thomas Tuchel - 5/1

Brendan Rodgers - 8/1

Eddie Howe - 10/1

Graham Potter - 12/1

Frank Lampard - 16/1

Steve Cooper - 16/1

Steven Gerrard - 16/1

The would has gone stark raving bonkers ...
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh ‘corse, I’ll take it. Ta very much”