The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread | Page 383 | Vital Football

The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread

Well the Everton fans love to physically confront their own players and managers, imagine what would happen with Gerrard at the helm, he'd need 24/7 security. Obviously it would never happen. He hates Everton and they hate him, his life would be in danger.

It was just a few weeks ago that at least a couple of people on this venerable forum were suggesting we were no better off with Emery than Gerrard. I think it was after either the Arsenal or Man City defeat. Imagine how embarrassing that must feel now.

Anyway in case anyone was wondering I still think this Scouse fraud is the worse managerial appointment in the history of our club.

Last edited:
It was just a few weeks ago that at least a couple of people on this venerable forum were suggesting we were no better off with Emery than Gerrard. I think it was after either the Arsenal or Man City defeat. Imagine how embarrassing that must feel now.

Anyway. I'm case anyone was wondering I still think this Scouse fraud is the worse managerial appointment in the history of our club.

Agree. looked a stupid appointment at the time and looks worse with each passing week

Anyway. I'm case anyone was wondering I still think this Scouse fraud is the worse managerial appointment in the history of our club.

The stats certainly back that up.

Not sure who was saying that (and not asking for names!) but I wouldn't think it would feel embarrassing at all, I would think it feels fecking marvellous ....

Remi Garde was probably worse to be fair

Splitting hairs really but Garde come in when we were already basically doomed, a worse squad in terms of talent and attitude by a distance. Stevie also got backed in the market whereas we spent nothing in the one window we had under Garde. I got the impression that he was there to hold the bag whilst we went down and that's all the board wanted whereas Stevie was actually meant to do something with us.

You have to fall so that you can get up and show the world the Lion can still roar.

1681772440668.png

Last edited:
Showing my age, but Billy McNeil was a terrible manager. Two teams he managed went down together that season. Us and Man City if I remember correctly.
correct . I was at McNeils first game (Coventry away i think), we won 1-0 , but from there onwards it was a downhill disaster. I'd still say Gerrard is far worse though.

correct . I was at McNeils first game (Coventry away i think), we won 1-0 , but from there onwards it was a downhill disaster. I'd still say Gerrard is far worse though.
I would agree that McNeil was awful, so was McCleish, but, Gerrard was worse than both, his arrogance alienated the players.

His treatment of Tyrone Mings was diabolical & Mings actually came out of it all with a lot of credit, whereas the Apprentice made a complete knob of himself.

I remember going to the first game under Graham Taylor, away to Ipswich, with The Nutter, Neale Cooper in the team.

I would agree that McNeil was awful, so was McCleish, but, Gerrard was worse than both, his arrogance alienated the players.

His treatment of Tyrone Mings was diabolical & Mings actually came out of it all with a lot of credit, whereas the Apprentice made a complete knob of himself.

I remember going to the first game under Graham Taylor, away to Ipswich, with The Nutter, Neale Cooper in the team.
think i was at that game too , 1-1 if i recall correctly

Obviously Dr Jo was terrible, taking a 2nd place team to near relegation, but it's interesting that he doesn't get much of a mention, before my time. I watched the season review vid and we were abysmal despite Platt's great return.