The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 45 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

I can see where you are coming from Mao but Forest have such a poor record of getting deals over the line early. When are they back in training? Would have thought SL and staff would like as many of the new faces in ASAP.

I think the players are back in the week before the Bank Holiday.

We got a few deals over the line quite early last season and then changed the manager.

And I am not sure why people think there will be restrictions on the amount we pay for players; transfer fees are spread over the length of the players contracts for one, and two, the big restriction on who we sign will be the wages demanded.

If we end up paying more in wages it will have the effect of reducing the size of the squad; that is based on the assumption that the wage cap will be introduced.

The reason we will end up selling Cash and probably Worrall is not for P & S compliance, it will be for cash flow; we are not getting any income apart from TV money

Why would we sign one of the highest-rated left-backs outside the Premier League and stick him at right-back?

We have no chance anyway. There will be a queue of clubs ahead of Forest to sign him, especially at that price.

Ooo dont you know?

Ah I thought he was RB because Milan went for him instead of Cash in the end. Whoops.

Robertson was world class,however I must have been watching a different Burke if you feel he was mainly moderate or worse in his games for us.He caused chaos for the opposition defence and to be fair I am pretty confident that he would not have been purchased for over £10 million ,after so few games, and played internationally if he only played moderately. There is obviously something currently amiss for him not to have gone on from then.However there is definitely a talent in there and when I watched him the crowd were excited ever time he got the ball. It's all down to opinions but I wouldn't be disappointed if he was signed for us,at the right price.

I can remember hearing the news that he had been sold as if it was yesterday; when I heard how much he went for I had to sit down I was that shocked.

My next reaction was to check that there had not been a run on the Pound or that we was getting the fee in Turkish Lira.

The amount paid made no sense; it still makes no sense and never will; for West Brom to have had the trousers down in the same manner was fucking tremendous.

I know what you say about the crowd being excited when he got the ball; players with blistering pace have that effect; having watched most of those 30 odd appearances my over riding emotion was not one of excitement but deep frustration.

I can remember hearing the news that he had been sold as if it was yesterday; when I heard how much he went for I had to sit down I was that shocked.

My next reaction was to check that there had not been a run on the Pound or that we was getting the fee in Turkish Lira.

The amount paid made no sense; it still makes no sense and never will; for West Brom to have had the trousers down in the same manner was fucking tremendous.

I know what you say about the crowd being excited when he got the ball; players with blistering pace have that effect; having watched most of those 30 odd appearances my over riding emotion was not one of excitement but deep frustration.
It wasn't just blistering pace; he had fantastic trickery too.

For about 2 home games.

Leeds and Wigan I think it was. He caused them loads of problems, was the best player and tore them apart.

He was very decent in the away games, but maybe not revelatory. It felt like it was £15m for two great performances.

He had played a fair bit the season before as well and only ever managed about 40 minutes of being any threat

It wasn't just blistering pace; he had fantastic trickery too.

For about 2 home games.

Leeds and Wigan I think it was. He caused them loads of problems, was the best player and tore them apart.

He was very decent in the away games, but maybe not revelatory. It felt like it was £15m for two great performances.

He had played a fair bit the season before as well and only ever managed about 40 minutes of being any threat

He played 7 games the season we sold him and he was very good in three of them; I think the Burton game at home was the one you did not mention.

The one game that sticks in my mind was the Brighton game on the Friday night; it was either the first or second week end of the season.

Burke terrorised Brighton that night but when push came to shove, every single decision he made was the wrong one - he shot when he should have passed the ball, held on to the ball too long, got rid too quickly it was too frustrating to watch at times.

We lost a game 3 - 0 which we should have won comfortably.

He played 7 games the season we sold him and he was very good in three of them; I think the Burton game at home was the one you did not mention.

The one game that sticks in my mind was the Brighton game on the Friday night; it was either the first or second week end of the season.

Burke terrorised Brighton that night but when push came to shove, every single decision he made was the wrong one - he shot when he should have passed the ball, held on to the ball too long, got rid too quickly it was too frustrating to watch at times.

We lost a game 3 - 0 which we should have won comfortably.
That was the first game of the season IIRC

And yes, Burton was a game I had forgotten

That is an absurd comparison!

Everyone at the Club was aware of how much talent Robertson had; it took Peter Taylor to goad him into developing a level of self esteem so the side could be built around him.

In comparison Burke can run quite fast; even if someone manages to get his head straight there is absolutely zero chance of anyone ever building a side around him; not unless David Blaine or David Copperfield take up Coaching.

Its a comparison between a youngster who managed 31 games for us, in which, for the most part, he was moderate or worse, and one of the greatest players, if not the greatest, in the Clubs history.

If we had three Oliver Burke's in the side they would not make anywhere close to the contribution Robertson made week in week out.

It was a tongue in cheek comparison...it's also odd to compare Robbo after his transformation under BC/PT. Kind of missed the point.

Do you have a source?

My source was a conversation with a member of Celtic's coaching staff; he told me that there was shock when they found out how much he was earning.

He said Brendan Rogers had to go right up to Dermot Desmond to get the loan signed off; Peter Lawell refused to have anything to do with it.

My source was a conversation with a member of Celtic's coaching staff; he told me that there was shock when they found out how much he was earning.

He said Brendan Rogers had to go right up to Dermot Desmond to get the loan signed off; Peter Lawell refused to have anything to do with it.

At least from Internet sources, he earns the same amount as Diakhaby. I know which I'd prefer to gamble on.

What are you talking about? You don't know about football
To be honest, if we can’t sign fucking freebies then let’s just sack off this thread.

Feels to me like anybody who isn’t playing in League 1 or lower is either ‘too expensive or ‘wages are too high’

Guilty, I support Forest!

File
The time he was with us he was excellent.Every game I saw him play he was our outlet and opposition defenders couldn't cope with him .He also showed good aerial ability. As Taylor has stated if someone can get the best out of him I would be more than happy to see Forest have Burke and Lolley stretching the opposition.
under diakhby then - if someone could get the best out of him he’s be ronaldo

That is an absurd comparison!

Everyone at the Club was aware of how much talent Robertson had; it took Peter Taylor to goad him into developing a level of self esteem so the side could be built around him.

In comparison Burke can run quite fast; even if someone manages to get his head straight there is absolutely zero chance of anyone ever building a side around him; not unless David Blaine or David Copperfield take up Coaching.

Its a comparison between a youngster who managed 31 games for us, in which, for the most part, he was moderate or worse, and one of the greatest players, if not the greatest, in the Clubs history.

If we had three Oliver Burke's in the side they would not make anywhere close to the contribution Robertson made week in week out.
Definitely the greatest.

At least from Internet sources, he earns the same amount as Diakhaby. I know which I'd prefer to gamble on.

And there was I thinking that salary details would be protected by GDPR.

For the record, I'd gamble on Burke if the price was right for his (much needed) sheer pace.

But my view is immaterial anyway because whatever the true value of his contract, we arent signing him unless there is a massive wage cut, which isnt going to happen.

There will be quick players out there for less. Just need the recruitment team to find them. Oh hang on....

To be honest, if we can’t sign fucking freebies then let’s just sack off this thread.

Feels to me like anybody who isn’t playing in League 1 or lower is either ‘too expensive or ‘wages are too high’

Guilty, I support Forest!

The biggest problem we (& all other clubs face) is that any 'out of contract' players will almost certainly be facing a pay cut, as clubs have to cut their cloth.

Clearly, some of these players (eg Colback) will be hit quite hard given that he was 'rumoured' to be earning over £45k per week at Newcastle, hence why he saw out his contract.

So, these players will be looking at who can offer the best contract, both in terms of wage, bonueses and length of contract.

Lyle Taylor is reportedly on around £10k per week at Charlton, as he was signed in L1 and had largely been a journeyman - so, this is why he knows this move is crucial for him & his family.

This is going to be one of the most difficult windows for some time for both the players and clubs, get the business done early versus wait for interest/bargains?

And there was I thinking that salary details would be protected by GDPR.

For the record, I'd gamble on Burke if the price was right for his (much needed) sheer pace.

But my view is immaterial anyway because whatever the true value of his contract, we arent signing him unless there is a massive wage cut, which isnt going to happen.

There will be quick players out there for less. Just need the recruitment team to find them. Oh hang on....

I've got similar feelings to Mao about Burke, I've pretty much seen every game he'd played for us and was staggered by what we got from RB.

Yes, he had incredible potential - but, you have to have the right application and attitude to realise that.

Olly was electric at times, but at others he was disinterested and the fact that he has not pushed on, despite being coached by some fantastic managers says something about his ability to adapt, learn and progress.

He's fantastically wealthy, he can opt to sit out his contract and be loaned out again or let WBA pay him up, either way his wage (signed for £15m as an EPL player) is beyond our capability.

It will depend on what Olly is guided to do by his advisors and his own appetite, because at present, he's starting to become a journeyman!

Fotis Ioannidis one of Modestos nuggets apparently, more likely than taylor or toney then