The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 44 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

We once had another Scottish winger than lots of managers wouldn't touch...

That is an absurd comparison!

Everyone at the Club was aware of how much talent Robertson had; it took Peter Taylor to goad him into developing a level of self esteem so the side could be built around him.

In comparison Burke can run quite fast; even if someone manages to get his head straight there is absolutely zero chance of anyone ever building a side around him; not unless David Blaine or David Copperfield take up Coaching.

Its a comparison between a youngster who managed 31 games for us, in which, for the most part, he was moderate or worse, and one of the greatest players, if not the greatest, in the Clubs history.

If we had three Oliver Burke's in the side they would not make anywhere close to the contribution Robertson made week in week out.

Matt Phillips spent much of the season on the bench for West Brom - could we get him or do wages put that out the question?

Matt Phillips spent much of the season on the bench for West Brom - could we get him or do wages put that out the question?
Colback and Taylor are both free agents and we haven't been able to get close to a deal for either yet.

I don't think Phillips or anyone else is on the menu until some serious revenue has been made going outwards

According to the BBC, Antonee Robinson could go for as little as £1.5m.

How about we sell Cash for £11m + Luke Freeman, buy Antonee Robinson for £1.5m, take Stephen Fletcher and colback on a free, spend the rest on someone like Benik Afobe or a quality striker younger than Grabban.

If we can then get £12m for Worrall, sell and reinvest into Matt Phillips and this Dickie fella. Two positions sold but adequately replaced, plus a proven attacking mid, Holding mid winger and x2 strikers ticked off.

Wages probably a stumbling block, but transfer fee wise we probably come out even or a little profit.

Last edited:
Samba

Robinson Dickie Figs Ribeiro

Colback Sow (Watson, Yates)

Lolley Freeman (Silva) Phillips

Grabban (Fletcher, Afobe)

Samba

Robinson Dickie Figs Ribeiro

Colback Sow (Watson, Yates)

Lolley Freeman (Silva) Phillips

Grabban (Fletcher, Afobe)

Why would we sign one of the highest-rated left-backs outside the Premier League and stick him at right-back?

We have no chance anyway. There will be a queue of clubs ahead of Forest to sign him, especially at that price.

I agree with Pope. I feel we are shopping first of all at Aldi before looking at Waitrose. Even if we sell only a % will be reinvested as wage bill needs to drop another £5m p. a.

Dickie too small, Phillips wages too high, probably Colback also.

All money will have to go in kitty for a striker.

Colback and Taylor are both free agents and we haven't been able to get close to a deal for either yet.

I don't think Phillips or anyone else is on the menu until some serious revenue has been made going outwards

We should start to see some action from next week onward's.

They have had their meeting and everyone should be aware of what parameters they are working within - I would not be surprised if EM is at Molyneaux tonight and the rest of them gone away to start working on prospective deals.

I do not think we will have to wait until we have sold a player to start signing players; we have another 60 days to get the prices we want for the players we intend to sell; they will want incoming players here for the seasons start in 37 days time.

That is an absurd comparison!

Everyone at the Club was aware of how much talent Robertson had; it took Peter Taylor to goad him into developing a level of self esteem so the side could be built around him.

In comparison Burke can run quite fast; even if someone manages to get his head straight there is absolutely zero chance of anyone ever building a side around him; not unless David Blaine or David Copperfield take up Coaching.

Its a comparison between a youngster who managed 31 games for us, in which, for the most part, he was moderate or worse, and one of the greatest players, if not the greatest, in the Clubs history.

If we had three Oliver Burke's in the side they would not make anywhere close to the contribution Robertson made week in week out.
Robertson was world class,however I must have been watching a different Burke if you feel he was mainly moderate or worse in his games for us.He caused chaos for the opposition defence and to be fair I am pretty confident that he would not have been purchased for over £10 million ,after so few games, and played internationally if he only played moderately. There is obviously something currently amiss for him not to have gone on from then.However there is definitely a talent in there and when I watched him the crowd were excited ever time he got the ball. It's all down to opinions but I wouldn't be disappointed if he was signed for us,at the right price.

I can see where you are coming from Mao but Forest have such a poor record of getting deals over the line early. When are they back in training? Would have thought SL and staff would like as many of the new faces in ASAP.