The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 224 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

I've consistently said I want a balance in our recruitment, that includes experienced players but that I also want signings of that ilk. Which is what you've been arguing against. Nice to see you backtracking once more.
Hmmmm
Where am I backtracking?
Where have I argued against younger players?
That’s simply untrue as I suspect you realise.

Indeed I’d love to be pleasantly surprised (‘proven wrong‘ if it makes you feel better) if In this window together we were celebrating 5 new signings all aged 23, all from the UK with 50 plus games experience in the PL or championship. Love to. But my opinion is that it’s just not realistic .... unless we’ve found £25m from somewhere.
Therefore I judge the recruitment based on the resources we have, versus the needs of the team. There are still some areas we need to address- a RB/CB, a pacey CM and 2 quick wingers, so I hope the job is still unfinished. And there are so many factors involved that influence the recruitment apart from pure funds- quantity and timing of bids for our players and being able to remove the bomb squad to name but two obvious ones. But when all is said and done, ‘on paper’ I am happy to reiterate that so far I think they’ve made a pretty good fist of things.

But of course football isn’t played on paper as someone once said. It’s too early to tell if the signings will be a success. Some will I’m sure; I think Taylor will prove better than Grabban, The Greek might just surprise us and a few others will all prove that dad’s army lives on beyond Ian Lavender and Frank Williams. At the same time, some won’t Be that good and some will be utter cack; but that’s the gamble. For every Bong there is a Ribeiro Sow Samba and Silva signed for peanuts but able to contribute.

If they aren’t a collective success then the owner will pay for it financially and the manager with his job. (I would have thought that would make you happy.)

In the meantime I will assess realistically and try and debate sensibly where points of view are put forward based on an appreciation of the financial situation we have and not where the default assessment is that recruitment is a failure because we don’t meet a strict criteria list including age or nationality (like has beens or never beens) or because we don’t like the owner or manager.

I was told that we can only apply for Cat 1 at a given time within a three year cycle; we cannot apply at the moment because we do not have an on site education facility at Wilford Road.

It was also mooted that Wilford Road in not capable of housing an educational centre due to restrictions on planning

Hence, the plans for a new training site - the land in WB is worth a fortune, although they have dramatically improved the facilities there in the lats 4-5 years.

Thought the reason we didnt was caught up in the fact a PL can walk in and take your best talent?

Any time an EPL club comes in for a player, it will turn heads (or those of the parents).

The money we got for Arvin was incredible and he is a fantastic talent, but that type of money is life changing for player and parent.

However, the fact that Forest have regularly produced players that are given a chance in the first team, despite a smaller player pool than an EPL club - means that parents are a little more aware that their son will get a better chance of actually playing & sooner.

As I've said, Forest have a very good track record, reputation and coaching staff.

Hence, the plans for a new training site - the land in WB is worth a fortune, although they have dramatically improved the facilities there in the lats 4-5 years.

The problem with relocating the training ground is that all of the available land, in the proximity of the Ground, is now being allocated for housing.

It may mean locating further out into the Countryside

Hmmmm
Where am I backtracking?
Where have I argued against younger players?
That’s simply untrue as I suspect you realise.

Indeed I’d love to be pleasantly surprised (‘proven wrong‘ if it makes you feel better) if In this window together we were celebrating 5 new signings all aged 23, all from the UK with 50 plus games experience in the PL or championship. Love to. But my opinion is that it’s just not realistic .... unless we’ve found £25m from somewhere.
Therefore I judge the recruitment based on the resources we have, versus the needs of the team. There are still some areas we need to address- a RB/CB, a pacey CM and 2 quick wingers, so I hope the job is still unfinished. And there are so many factors involved that influence the recruitment apart from pure funds- quantity and timing of bids for our players and being able to remove the bomb squad to name but two obvious ones. But when all is said and done, ‘on paper’ I am happy to reiterate that so far I think they’ve made a pretty good fist of things.

But of course football isn’t played on paper as someone once said. It’s too early to tell if the signings will be a success. Some will I’m sure; I think Taylor will prove better than Grabban, The Greek might just surprise us and a few others will all prove that dad’s army lives on beyond Ian Lavender and Frank Williams. At the same time, some won’t Be that good and some will be utter cack; but that’s the gamble. For every Bong there is a Ribeiro Sow Samba and Silva signed for peanuts but able to contribute.

If they aren’t a collective success then the owner will pay for it financially and the manager with his job. (I would have thought that would make you happy.)

In the meantime I will assess realistically and try and debate sensibly where points of view are put forward based on an appreciation of the financial situation we have and not where the default assessment is that recruitment is a failure because we don’t meet a strict criteria list including age or nationality (like has beens or never beens) or because we don’t like the owner or manager.

What are you babbling on about lol there are lots of talented youngsters in the 1.5 to 3m bracket which is where we shop. Our financial situation isn't any worse than numerous other clubs who recruit in that price range.

Sure Taylor will be better than Grabban lol have you lost the plot? Look at their records...

Looks like SL is getting his own players in for every position...almost a whole new team. One of Jenkinson and Darikwa must be surplus to requirements as we don't need 3 senior RBs.

The problem with relocating the training ground is that all of the available land, in the proximity of the Ground, is now being allocated for housing.

It may mean locating further out into the Countryside

I put up a petition for West Bridgford FC about that, land allocated for housing, as there was very strong rumours that we were looking at a suitable site close to there & Holme Pierrepont.

I put up a petition for West Bridgford FC about that, land allocated for housing, as there was very strong rumours that we were looking at a suitable site close to there & Holme Pierrepont.

The potential 'offset' to a land deal for a new academy being the current training site on Wilford Lane, being made available for housing.

team for Saturday
---------------------------------Samba-----------------------------------

Christie - Darikwa - Worrall - Soh - Figs - Dawson - Blackett - Ribeiro

-----------------------------Colback - Yates------------------------------

Can we only have one goallie?