The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 225 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

team for Saturday
---------------------------------Samba-----------------------------------

Christie - Darikwa - Worrall - Soh - Figs - Dawson - Blackett - Ribeiro

-----------------------------Colback - Yates------------------------------

Game changer.

By the way - who is Christie? Is he that former Sheepshagger?

Have we signed him?

Nowhere near as good as Cash but better than Jenks and Derek if he is signing.

So if we sign Arter and Christie, that's just a CB short of a whole new team that you would expect (on paper at least) to be competitive.

--------------------------------Diallo--------------------------------
Christie-------------Soh-------------------TBC------------Blackett
-------------Colback---------Bachirou---------Arter--------------
-------------------------------Freeman-----------------------------
-------------------------------Taylor-------------------------------

So if we sign Arter and Christie, that's just a CB short of a whole new team that you would expect (on paper at least) to be competitive.

--------------------------------Diallo--------------------------------
Christie-------------Soh-------------------TBC------------Blackett
-------------Colback---------Bachirou---------Arter--------------
-------------------------------Freeman-----------------------------
-------------------------------Taylor-------------------------------
Ioannou

I fear Lamouchi and Forest are going for quantity over quality here in the hope that it’ll just make us better, but not convinced there’s lots of thought to the tactical side of it.

@Pope John XXIII made a good point the other day - last year wasn’t the most talented Forest squad, but it was a great team for most of the season. I fear we’ll lose sight of that in the hope that seasoned players will just gel and get us promoted.

Hope I’m wrong and Lamouchi is able to make them a much better version of last year, but my god the pressure is on!!

team for Saturday
---------------------------------Samba-----------------------------------

Christie - Darikwa - Worrall - Soh - Figs - Dawson - Blackett - Ribeiro

-----------------------------Colback - Yates------------------------------
We don't Yates in there, that's too defensive. I think Grabs retains his place, but good call

I fear Lamouchi and Forest are going for quantity over quality here in the hope that it’ll just make us better, but not convinced there’s lots of thought to the tactical side of it.

@Pope John XXIII made a good point the other day - last year wasn’t the most talented Forest squad, but it was a great team for most of the season. I fear we’ll lose sight of that in the hope that seasoned players will just gel and get us promoted.

Hope I’m wrong and Lamouchi is able to make them a much better version of last year, but my god the pressure is on!!

We need both Will.

We need to add quality and in signing the likes of Freeman and Soh (hopefully), that is what we have done.

We also need numbers, both for competition for places, and for when we hit those 7 games in 22 days and 9 games in 29 days.

Picking up knocks and strains and having to play through that intense schedule is almost impossible; its not like picking up Carpel Tunnel Syndrome from playing on line

We need both Will.

We need to add quality and in signing the likes of Freeman and Soh (hopefully), that is what we have done.

We also need numbers, both for competition for places, and for when we hit those 7 games in 22 days and 9 games in 29 days.

Picking up knocks and strains and having to play through that intense schedule is almost impossible; its not like picking up Carpel Tunnel Syndrome from playing on line

Carpel tunnel syndrome? Wtf is that better or worse than covid?

They really do need to give trap 2 a damn good disinfecting

Peter Blackburn
@petermblackburn

I'm very concerned about the recruitment at #nffc. Lots of players of pedigree being looked at/signed, but we're talking big wages and players at or past their peak in positions where we already have scores of players - including some highly paid forced into the U23s
Who the fook is he...and what the fook does he know?
very concerned ffs....that will be another bandwagon to jump on!!!
i think they know what they are doing...i also know we know the same as Peter Blackburn...which is folk all.

Peter Blackburn
@petermblackburn

I'm very concerned about the recruitment at #nffc. Lots of players of pedigree being looked at/signed, but we're talking big wages and players at or past their peak in positions where we already have scores of players - including some highly paid forced into the U23s

Is that really the case?

You would think that Colback will be on a good wage.

Blackett came on a free, ex Reading; he certainly will not be breaking the bank

Fred will have been on a low wage at Malmo

Guererra will not be on a great wage; Olympiakos pay peanuts

Diallo will be on a low wage

Taylor will be on a higher wage than at Charlton but it will not be excessive.

You would think that Soh will be on a good wage and Freeman is a loan

When you offset that against the wages of Watson, Bridcutt, Walker, Cash and Pantillimon coming off of the books I would say there will be nothing more than a marginal increase if any.