The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 223 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

The academy has improved significantly though from the times of Westcarr CP & this is something that I do know a fair bit about, certainly those aged 16 - 20.

We've always done pretty well, as far back as Dawson(s), Jenas, Williams, Gemmill etc etc etc (& further).

Current crop are very good though and with FFP, this focus is not lost on NFFC - hence, the continued investment therein. Our academy is genuinely very well thought of and is certainly a positive!!

I do wonder if we'll go for Cat 1 at some point?
We certainly should go for Cat 1 even if only to limit the prospect of poaching.

We certainly should go for Cat 1 even if only to limit the prospect of poaching.

I was told that we can only apply for Cat 1 at a given time within a three year cycle; we cannot apply at the moment because we do not have an on site education facility at Wilford Road.

It was also mooted that Wilford Road in not capable of housing an educational centre due to restrictions on planning

I was told that we can only apply for Cat 1 at a given time within a three year cycle; we cannot apply at the moment because we do not have an on site education facility at Wilford Road.

It was also mooted that Wilford Road in not capable of housing an educational centre due to restrictions on planning

You dont WB very well its Gresham close off Wilford lane .

You dont WB very well its Gresham close off Wilford lane .

I am only familiar with the Medical Centre in West Bridgford, where I have my very own Pre Match Parking Spot marked "Doctor"

The "Doctor on Call" sticker I got at the Car Boot sale comes in very handy

That’s a bugger. At the moment we tend to keep hold of our young players on the basis that they will get chances but there’s always the prospect of one having his head turned and us losing out big style when they move for such a minimal fee.

There are supposedly rumours linking us to Jota at Villa, but I cannot find anything on line to that effect.

Before you ask, Plummer, he is 29 and has no resale value

The academy has improved significantly though from the times of Westcarr CP & this is something that I do know a fair bit about, certainly those aged 16 - 20.

We've always done pretty well, as far back as Dawson(s), Jenas, Williams, Gemmill etc etc etc (& further).

Current crop are very good though and with FFP, this focus is not lost on NFFC - hence, the continued investment therein. Our academy is genuinely very well thought of and is certainly a positive!!

I do wonder if we'll go for Cat 1 at some point?

Thought the reason we didnt was caught up in the fact a PL can walk in and take your best talent?

Britt 22, Antonio 24. The type of signings you are arguing against us making lol

At no point have I argued against us recruiting players in that age range, I’ve merely defended the merits of players over that age from some posters’ apparently obsessive intent to impose on others their personal and incorrect viewpoint such players have either no resale value, are ready for the Knackers yard or both.

At no point have I argued against us recruiting players in that age range, I’ve merely defended the merits of players over that age from some posters’ apparently obsessive intent to impose on others their personal and incorrect viewpoint such players have either no resale value, are ready for the Knackers yard or both.

I've consistently said I want a balance in our recruitment, that includes experienced players but that I also want signings of that ilk. Which is what you've been arguing against. Nice to see you backtracking once more.