The Golf Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Golf Thread

Thank god for the abysmal golf.
I see a few are relieved as they hadn't got anything to moan about this weekend.
:grinning::tophat:

Average ranking for the US team 8 , Europe 30.

We didn't really have a chance.

We have won I think 9 out of the last 13 and on paper shouldn't have won any. So we can't moan. I knew we would lose bad this time and I expect to lose the next one. But the losing and the battles make the winning the wonderful thing it has been (and will be).

So 40 of the golfers have left the PGA to play in this new Saudi league thingie.
The eye watering amounts being paid to them is certainly good enough to get them to ignore the human rights abuses.
Its reported that Phil Mickleson will receive $200 million. And thats not prize money but just for signing up for it.

I forgot we had a golf thread.

I got around in 107 yesterday. 55 on the first lap and 52 on the second. It's a 9 hole course. Apart from the first two holes where I seemed to have forgot how to play golf, it was all bogeys and double bogeys.

So 40 of the golfers have left the PGA to play in this new Saudi league thingie.
The eye watering amounts being paid to them is certainly good enough to get them to ignore the human rights abuses.
Its reported that Phil Mickleson will receive $200 million. And thats not prize money but just for signing up for it.
Dustin Johnson $150m . Staggering amounts just for signing up. Poulter , Westwood McDowell have all also lost their morale compasses and are sleeping with the devil

Dustin Johnson $150m . Staggering amounts just for signing up. Poulter , Westwood McDowell have all also lost their morale compasses and are sleeping with the devil

Lee Westwood lost a shed load of money when his missus divorced him.

A clip of a Sky Sports reporter asking golfers if they would play in a tournament hosted by Putin or in apartheid South Africa came up on FB. FFS. These guys are professional golfers trying to make as much money as they can, just like the rest of us. I know quite a few oil and gas guys who have worked all over the Middle East, nobody is trying to shame them for working in Saudi.

As for Sky Sports being the moral arbitrators of the world, get fucked. They are owned by one of the most evil megalomaniacs the world has ever seen. Those golfers should be turning the tables on the reporter asking him how he can sleep at night knowing his job is to make money for Murdoch.