The Golf Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Golf Thread

LIV players from the United States have been heavily criticised by a 9/11 survivors group who point out that Osama bin Laden and 15 of the 19 hijackers involved in the terrorist attack on 11 September, 2001 were from Saudi Arabia.

A clip of a Sky Sports reporter asking golfers if they would play in a tournament hosted by Putin or in apartheid South Africa came up on FB. FFS. These guys are professional golfers trying to make as much money as they can, just like the rest of us. I know quite a few oil and gas guys who have worked all over the Middle East, nobody is trying to shame them for working in Saudi.

As for Sky Sports being the moral arbitrators of the world, get fucked. They are owned by one of the most evil megalomaniacs the world has ever seen. Those golfers should be turning the tables on the reporter asking him how he can sleep at night knowing his job is to make money for Murdoch.
sorry but the likes of Mickelson and Johnson who are already multi multi millionaires who made their wealth via the PGA should not be doing this. Saudi Arabia is an evil state that they should not be supporting.

It's funny watching these golfers justify why they're going to play on the LIV tour. Would serve them right if it's a complete flop and they can't get back on the PGA tour.

I got 116 on a par 68 course today. We stuck to the rules of golf and counted all of the drops and etc. That's 16 higher than the last time retaking shots and not counting drops.

I got 116 on a par 68 course today. We stuck to the rules of golf and counted all of the drops and etc. That's 16 higher than the last time retaking shots and not counting drops.
I wonder how many golfers there are amongst the people on this forum. I used to play a bit, not for more than 10 years now though. I was always happy if I got round in the 90’s, so wasn’t very good really. Still got my Pings though, but not sure if they’ll ever hit a ball again.