The Fulford/Villan57 Random Villa Stuff Thread | Page 88 | Vital Football

The Fulford/Villan57 Random Villa Stuff Thread

I'm looking at getting one of the training tops in the sale. Does anyone know how they fit? I'm either an L or XL depending on my gym/mince pie ratio.

The great Peter Mcparland. Newry boy, Mother, Mary ( Maisie) Henderson was so proud of Peter. Supermac was a nipper when Mom left Newry, in the 2nd World War, to work as a Nurse in Liverpool. Mom and her sister , Letitia, knew John Mcparland, Peters brother, more as they were of an age. Peter was a Villa fan98 as a boy and if my memory serves me well, Peter was signed from Dundalk F,C. Coincidentally, Dad, in County Cork, was a Villa boy too. Mom and Dad ended up in Brum, Aston to be precise.l blame the parents, the Healy family are Villans to a man( and woman). Obviously, ending up in Aston was nothing to do with the old fellah being a Villa boy. Thanks Dad, HEITS.

"Gary Shaw made a trip to the south coast on behalf of the Aston Villa Former Players Club last week.

Our League Championship and European Cup hero travelled to Bournemouth to deliver some gifts to Peter McParland ahead of the former Northern Ireland international’s 90th birthday on Thursday."

Way before my time but he was one of my dad's very first Villa hero's and won us two cup finals. The only one of our top 10 goalscorers still alive as well.

First one is really old school.

As well as others on here, it's a shame I was also too young to ever see Peter McParland playing for the Villa.

In the late, 70s, an old girlfriend's aunt had an apartment on the same floor as Peter in an apartment block just off the centre of Bournemouth, and although we called around a few f times I never got the chance to bump into him and say hello and Up The Villa Peter!

Last edited: