The Formula 1 Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Formula 1 Thread

I see Louis Hamilton is getting a knighthood. I guess that time he accused everyone at Mercedes of being racist is forgotten about. If a white guy had done that to his black colleagues, he'd never race again. The fact that Louis walks away like it never happened is racist.

I see Louis Hamilton is getting a knighthood. I guess that time he accused everyone at Mercedes of being racist is forgotten about. If a white guy had done that to his black colleagues, he'd never race again. The fact that Louis walks away like it never happened is racist.

Well, the latest spin is he's a tax exile so therefore he shouldn't get a Knighthood,
He's become a controversial figure and I heard his stand against racism is one of the reason that they swung his Knighthood.

Personally, he's a brilliant racing driver and his record says he's the best ever and in a world driven by stats you can't argue with that.

As a bloke, I think he's a bellend and I've come to that conclusion over the last year or so, with his alleged comments off the track.

Well, the latest spin is he's a tax exile so therefore he shouldn't get a Knighthood,
He's become a controversial figure and I heard his stand against racism is one of the reason that they swung his Knighthood.

Personally, he's a brilliant racing driver and his record says he's the best ever and in a world driven by stats you can't argue with that.

As a bloke, I think he's a bellend and I've come to that conclusion over the last year or so, with his alleged comments off the track.

I think he's a bellend too. I guess it's easy to get swept away with all of the money and the fame. For me, it's completely separate from his career as a racing driving. As you said, he's the best driver ever.

Does that deserve a knighthood? Not for me but it's very subjective. They give knighthoods away like happy meal toys these days so if everyone else who has ever been on the front of a magazine gets one, I suppose Louis gets one too.

I think he's a bellend too. I guess it's easy to get swept away with all of the money and the fame. For me, it's completely separate from his career as a racing driving. As you said, he's the best driver ever.

Does that deserve a knighthood? Not for me but it's very subjective. They give knighthoods away like happy meal toys these days so if everyone else who has ever been on the front of a magazine gets one, I suppose Louis gets one too.

Well, yes if they give footballers, Runners etc Knighthoods then Lewis gets one too.
Mo Farah got one and he's a Somalian now living in the USA, just happened to have genetics on his side and be able to run for a long time.
The world is indeed mad

But will he turn down the knighthood on the grounds that it represents colonialism by an oppressive nation? If he does then perhaps Meghan Markle will refuse to use the title that she got by marriage? On both counts - I doubt it as egos will get the better of them.

But will he turn down the knighthood on the grounds that it represents colonialism by an oppressive nation? If he does then perhaps Meghan Markle will refuse to use the title that she got by marriage? On both counts - I doubt it as egos will get the better of them.
If he did turn it down C&BB I would muster up a tiny amount of respect for him, but as it stands just another virtue signalling rich twat that tries to tell the rest of us how we should think and live our lives.
Just fuck off Lewis.

I don't pay too much attention to him and I struggle to think of anything more boring than F1 but even to a know nothing like me it's clear that Hamilton is one of the greatest of all time in his sport (and will probably go on to solidify himself as the very greatest in a year or so - if he hasn't already).

Andy Murray was knighted having only won three grand slams. Southgate has an OBE for taking England to fourth place at a world cup. So on that basis I cannot see the problem with the knighthood, we should recognise people who are the very best at what they do. He might well be a bellend but the knighthood is on the basis of his sporting achievements.

I don't pay too much attention to him and I struggle to think of anything more boring than F1 but even to a know nothing like me it's clear that Hamilton is one of the greatest of all time in his sport (and will probably go on to solidify himself as the very greatest in a year or so - if he hasn't already).

Andy Murray was knighted having only won three grand slams. Southgate has an OBE for taking England to fourth place at a world cup. So on that basis I cannot see the problem with the knighthood, we should recognise people who are the very best at what they do. He might well be a bellend but the knighthood is on the basis of his sporting achievements.
Lots of people excell at their jobs and get a paypacket.
The whole honours system stinks and I fail to see why someone gets knighted because he can drive his car faster than someone else or hit a tennis ball in the right direction.
The system needs a major overhaul, or scrapping.

So Hamilton gets a knighthood now.
How long has it taken Greaves to get one?
Ironically he will be taking the knee in front of one of the worlds most privileged white women.

Lots of people excell at their jobs and get a paypacket.
The whole honours system stinks and I fail to see why someone gets knighted because he can drive his car faster than someone else or hit a tennis ball in the right direction.
The system needs a major overhaul, or scrapping.
I agree it stinks and if I had my way there'd be no royal family at all (as we know it at least).

Interesting as you say. If Lewis wins another championship, he will break the record set my Schumacher won't he? Think they are level at the moment, not being over confident on my memory but pretty sure. I would imagine he would retire once he's done that, would be nothing else to achieve really would there?!