The Formula 1 Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Formula 1 Thread

Brilliant outside pass from Lewis at the first restart .
Exactly why he is a cut above.

Bottas is broken.
And Lewis flawless on the second restart, Bottas was all at sea.

Fair play to Albon, thought he'd bottled it but got past Danny Ric superbly. Great race today, shame for George Russell - he'd have had pints if not for Stroll's crash and the red flag.

Surely the safety car ruling is an unfair one. You build up a healthy lead only to see it disappear the second the safety car comes out. A virtual safety car would make more sense and be fairer.

The ridiculous thing is, the virtual safety car has been used and has been shown to work, so why are they now not using it?

Maybe their excuse is it makes for better racing, which when they bunch them all up, it does, but then, it also made for a massive accident this weekend. Safety is meant to be the number one consideration.

It looks like Lewis will have to settle for third in this one due to receiving two time penalties..... one for wearing the wrong body deoderant spray or something ...sic.

They are trying their hardest to make the season close. What gets me is for anyone else they would have given just one 5 second penalty. Lewis always seems to be hit harder than anyone else.

Will be watching the chequered flag show soon, after football is finished, to get the exact details and the pundits opinions. does seem, once again, harsh on Lewis compared to what I suspect others would get.

what
It was a clear rule for the weekend, 19.1, someone said. He broke it twice.

Are Mercedes getting complacent?

Looks like Lewis asked his race engineer if he could and was told yes. Very poor.

Hamilton asked his engineer Peter Bonnington as he left the pits before the race if he could practice his start from further down the pit lane than the designated area immediately at the exit.

Bonnington confirmed that he could, and Hamilton drove down to the end of the pit lane, just before it rejoins the track

Just reading about the latest penalties and BBC say

Hamilton's transgressions put him on the verge of a one-race ban because of accumulated licence penalty points.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/54316085

So not harsh, clear and easy decision for the stewards it seems.

It is what turned me off F1 a good few years back, I slowly got back into it, just boring isn't it!?

It's becoming let's see how we can penalise Lewis Hamilton this week. It's all about trying to keep the championship open as without the penalties it would be as good as over now.
F1 is getting like football these days with too much tinkering.