The Formula 1 Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Formula 1 Thread

Hamilton is fucking awesome. Not interested in his politics really, but as a driver, second to none.

Quali showed the difference between a champion and a wannabe. I like Valterri Bottas but it's no good leading all the practice sessions and Q1 and Q2 if you can't seal the deal.

Hamilton is fucking awesome. Not interested in his politics really, but as a driver, second to none.

Quali showed the difference between a champion and a wannabe. I like Valterri Bottas but it's no good leading all the practice sessions and Q1 and Q2 if you can't seal the deal.

:agree:

Does all his victimness not get on your tits? It does me. Only 0.00001% of the population get to prove their credentials as a racing driver, I was alright at karting and people I knew who were richer and better than me were no where near rich enough being able to afford to compete.

It’s a privileged sport for privileged people. Hamilton is not someone who has come from nothing to get where he is, and I think he’s a twat to the blokes around him when he tries to make out they’re racist. He’s a privileged c-bomb who changes his background when it suits.

Last edited:
It's more about the whole set up, though Dan. He says there are very few minorities anywhere in each F1 organisation, and there are thousands of jobs. If that's correct, then something has gone wrong.

It's more about the whole set up, though Dan. He says there are very few minorities anywhere in each F1 organisation, and there are thousands of jobs. If that's correct, then something has gone wrong.

I understand it from both sides. My point is that he’s not a hard done by black guy. He’s a wealthy mixed kid. Not that race comes into it, he’s wealthy - most people aren’t - he’s the most talented guy in a very small pool of people who get to try the sport.

Motorsports is about wealth, full stop. Poor kids can’t compete. White, black, brown, green, doesn’t matter.

Just don’t be making out you’re a poor kid from an ethnically challenged background when you’re not.

Lewis is a victim fraud in that regard, I have black mates who are living at home in their 30’s because of various reasons. Lewis has no reason to moan about anything.

I've never met a black mechanic or any black mechanical engineers and I worked in that industry for 45 years. A couple of mixed race lads, one of which i interviews and gave the job to. The fact he was a villa fan swung it

Just to add, I don’t look at Lewis and think if he’s mixed race or black.

But Lewis seems keen to tell me he is black all the time.

I really think Lewis has taken all this the wrong way, which is a shame. Amazingly talented guy I’ll give him that

I've only met two F1 drivers, Alain Prost and Jackie Stewart, Prost was riding a Monkey bike around at Silverstone helipad when I got his autograph. You don't realise they are nearly all short arses and that's another reason so few people make it you have to have the height and weight of a jockey and the neck muscles of a gorilla

That is the point for me. As I said in my earlier post, I am not into his politics. But I have never seen a better racing driver. His ability is breathtaking.

Which is a shame that he wants to tell us all on many occasions that he is black - even though he’s mixed raced if that matters - and stands there, trying to make a point with a platform full of Scandinavian drivers, that the world is racist. Unfortunately, the highest wealth countries are Northern European, which are predominately blonde haired and blue eyed, and they can afford motor sports.

I look forward to the self pretentious twat investing millions of his own money into karting academies in Africa...

Which is a shame that he wants to tell us all on many occasions that he is black - even though he’s mixed raced if that matters - and stands there, trying to make a point with a platform full of Scandinavian drivers, that the world is racist. Unfortunately, the highest wealth countries are Northern European, which are predominately blonde haired and blue eyed, and they can afford motor sports.

I look forward to the self pretentious twat investing millions of his own money into karting academies in Africa...
As I said, I am not into his politics.

Just to add, I don’t look at Lewis and think if he’s mixed race or black.

But Lewis seems keen to tell me he is black all the time.

I really think Lewis has taken all this the wrong way, which is a shame. Amazingly talented guy I’ll give him that
But he is black in a sport which is 99% white, why shouldn’t he stand up for what he believes in especially when it’s such a hot topic at the moment?

I mean he’s doing a lot more than some of these footballers who think they’re special by kneeling before kick off which to me is all virtue signalling bollocks. Hamilton is actually genuinely trying to make a difference to his sport, raising awareness of issues within the industry and pushing through initiatives in the sport like the commission he has set up. I can’t believe people slate him for it.

But he is black in a sport which is 99% white, why shouldn’t he stand up for what he believes in especially when it’s such a hot topic at the moment?

I mean he’s doing a lot more than some of these footballers who think they’re special by kneeling before kick off which to me is all virtue signalling bollocks. Hamilton is actually genuinely trying to make a difference to his sport, raising awareness of issues within the industry and pushing through initiatives in the sport like the commission he has set up. I can’t believe people slate him for it.

Agree, but what i think what irritates people is that he does come across as telling people what they should do to support the BLM campaign. And subsequently judging those that HE sees as not doing what HE thinks they should . Example being those drivers who didn’t wish to take the knee on the grid before races and wished to stand in their support.
It this ‘preaching‘ at others by him and other persons involved in BLM which then contributes to the loss of the message as people switch off as they don’t like being told what they should do and think in such things.