The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 44 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Had 6 days off running , but went out Saturday and did a 5k with the usual mile warm up in 25.40 so was chuffed with that.

Then went out with a mate running yesterday and did 11.2 miles.

I ran 6.3KM yesterday.

I'm getting frustrated by my weight at the moment.

Been pretty much sticking to the diet (calorie restiction of 1800 per day) this month. Not had any alcohol since Nov 4th, and no burgers since Oct 31st.

Still exercising with the gyms closed. 5 MF circuit training vids, a 5.2km run and a 6.3km run. Generally do 10,000 steps per day... feels like I'm doing everything right.... yet my weight appears to be creeping up and up... I really don't get it.

I'll carry on fighting the good fight, but it confuses and frustrates the hell out of me.

I ran 6.3KM yesterday.

Been pretty much sticking to the diet (calorie restiction of 1800 per day) this month. Not had any alcohol since Nov 4th, and no burgers since Oct 31st.

Still exercising with the gyms closed. 5 MF circuit training vids, a 5.2km run and a 6.3km run. Generally do 10,000 steps per day... feels like I'm doing everything right.... yet my weight appears to be creeping up and up... I really don't get it.

I'll carry on fighting the good fight, but it confuses and frustrates the hell out of me.

Depends Deano. I ran 11 miles yesterday but it was at what they call conversation pace where you can run and talk at the same time. It wouldn't have raised my heart rate so weight loss wise it wouldn't have had much imp[act I reckon.

Saturday I did a 5k flat out. Was virtually on my knees at the end and would have been close to my maximum heart rate. Would have lost far more weight doing that run than the 11 miles run because of the intensity of it.

I ran 6.3KM yesterday.

I don't run, never been blessed with lungs that could cope and a body built for speed, and strength, not distance but>, I have tried to lose weight and really struggle due to my thyroid which controls my metabolic rates. My weight has gone haywire since my thyroid was knocked out 23 years ago. People laugh but they are the ones who don't understand how critical Thyroid function is
Anyway an interesting article below on why running might not cause weight loss

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...-dont-people-always-lose-weight-when-they-run

I had a cataract procedure done last week. I was very impressed by the whole process. The monitoring gave me a boost. Blood pressure o.k. Pulse rate 56 at rest. Oxygen efficiency at 99%. Don't know what happened to the other 1%.
Eye clear now so I'm looking forward to even clearer, one eyed, claret and blue vision.

Are these instagram posts showing up embeded, or do you have to click to see? They don't show for me, they used to!

Did a steady 4 miles yesterday , but then did a 13.1 (half marathon) today which is the furthest I have run since god knows when. It was part of the running club challenge so obviously had to run it on my own , but whoever set the route is a sadist as there were lots of hills included and some of the steeper ones twice. Anyway did it in 2 hours 10 which was ok ish but found the last 3 miles really really hard. Still don't think I am completely 100% over Covid so I can't be too disappointed I suppose.

One of the effects of the pandemic is that many of us, particularly those who have been "shielded" (or "cocooned" as it's termed in Ireland), have not been out and about as much as normal so our vitamin D levels have become rather depleted.
I'm one of these people, having been banged up by the government for my own good for weeks on end. So I'm taking a supplement every morning, eating more eggs, oily fish and dairy products. I now get out most days for a walk (we have four decent parks within the current 5 kilometre limit so are well served).

5k in 25.53 today after a mile warm up. One second faster than last week and I seem to have hit a glass ceiling.

Need to tweek the training if I want to get faster.