The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 42 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Went for 8 miles with pooch yesterday afternoon when the weather really hit. Love running in the rain for some reason, although it was horizontal into my eyes at some points.
Forget about times now. As it’s fields and paths mostly where I go the ground is sodden slippy. Bloody hard work at times.

Love running in the rain. Did a 12k yesterday when it was hammering down. Love it. Didnt push hard hard... just a stress reliever run.

On another note. When road/path running... and you know your on for a good time... then all you get is cars reversing off drives, learner drivers pulling onto drives, annoying families with naughty kids being idiots on the footpaths, delivery drivers parking on footpaths.
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

images

Did a 10k tonight. Not enjoyable running in the dark on uneven pavements.
Snap. I love running in the dark because people cant see the pain on my face.
I do like running in drizzle too. Not heavy rain, thats miserable... but a nice little drizzle is nice.

I have been on my lifestyle change about three to four months now and I have dropped a dress size. This makes me happy

I am feeling much better for it too. Im feeling far healthier. I'm not grazing rubbish food anymore.

I had only my 2nd small bar of chocolate in this time, last week. I didn't enjoy any of it which was a good thing.

This will also mean I need new clothes, which I like. The bank balance won't like it though

I have been on my lifestyle change about three to four months now and I have dropped a dress size. This makes me happy

I am feeling much better for it too. Im feeling far healthier. I'm not grazing rubbish food anymore.

I had only my 2nd small bar of chocolate in this time, last week. I didn't enjoy any of it which was a good thing.

This will also mean I need new clothes, which I like. The bank balance won't like it though

Nice one KK.
Nothing wrong with having those treats though. It will keep the motivation going.

If you'd have told me a year ago that we'd have to lockdown for a month and the only thing I'd miss would be the gym, I'd have said you were crazy, but it's true. It's the only think I'm gonna miss for the next month.

Going back to doing home circuit workouts from Musclefood.com for a month, and will throw in a few outdoor runs too. Might actually do me good to vary things up a bit.

Couldn’t run a bath these days so walking every day is my main exercise.
I’m averaging 30 miles a week.
A couple of games of golf a week with the seniors helped because it take me about 5 and a half miles to get round. Lockdown has knackered that option.
I don’t see how wandering round a big field, occasionally swiping at a ball with a couple of mates, is going to end civilisation but them’s the rules.
I’ll have to get my bike out again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ht-Europe-boys-arent-slimmer-study-shows.html

British girls are the FATTEST in Europe and boys aren't much slimmer, reveals major study that also shows UK teens are not growing as tall 'due to worse nutrition'
  • According to the study the UK ranked 43rd for girls and 63rd for boys
  • Teens in the UK are still slimmer than those in the US, Australia and New Zealand
  • NHS figures show more than a third of 11-year-olds are overweight or obese
And we think ourselves a clever and advanced country.

:shake:

The diet in this country is a joke, as is the lack of basic food and nutrition education, not to mention the woeful sports and fitness education.

The mrs wants to buy a treadmill for the house. There is a gym in our condo but it keeps getting closed because of the lockdowns.

Is it worth spending the extra to buy one from Johnson Fitness or one of the more recognised brands?

What should we be looking for in a treadmill?

Only real advice is don't go cheap. But you also won't need top end.

Plenty mud range machines should be decent. Make sure you read the reviews.

If you get the option, I'd have it delivered and built as well. Fiddly things