The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 46 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Xmas exercise (with pooch unless stated)

Xmas eve - 4 mile walk
Xmas day - 6 mile run
Boxing day - 4 mile walk
27th - 5 miles run on my own in the morning then 4 mile walk in the afternoon.
28th - 6 mile run on my own
29th - 4 mile walk
30th - 6 mile run
31st -5 mile run on my own in the morning and 4 mile walk in the afternoon.
1st - 4 mile walk
Today - 7 mile run.

Love being off work.
Love getting outside whatever the weather.

Xmas exercise (with pooch unless stated)

Xmas eve - 4 mile walk
Xmas day - 6 mile run
Boxing day - 4 mile walk
27th - 5 miles run on my own in the morning then 4 mile walk in the afternoon.
28th - 6 mile run on my own
29th - 4 mile walk
30th - 6 mile run
31st -5 mile run on my own in the morning and 4 mile walk in the afternoon.
1st - 4 mile walk
Today - 7 mile run.

Love being off work.
Love getting outside whatever the weather.

I make it that you must be nearly 60 miles away from home now!

Do you need a lift back?
:jangel:

Ive been not so good on the long runs lately. Working 72 hours a week at min but i have been doing alot of weights and cardio exercises at home.
Im still nowhere near 10% body fat. Probably hovering around 14% but i have gained some muscle mass.
What i have been doing to mix it up a bit, and not much time for the runs is inbetween all my sets i either shadow box intensely or sprint on the spot. So kind of kills two birds with one stone. Or at least helps to keep some of my cardio alive.
Iv also signed up to do another boxing event when the pandemic is over. The first show they put on i will be there with my cobrai kai or superman boxing shorts 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. As soon as get the go ahead will keep you up to date with the training.

Lidl's are getting some 4kg and 6kg Kettlebells on Thursday, if anyone is interested. They are only a fiver.

They might be heavy enough for some of you to tone up with.

I've been checking on ebay for months, and they are going for £20 to £30 since the first lockdown.

Lidl's are getting some 4kg and 6kg Kettlebells on Thursday, if anyone is interested. They are only a fiver.

They might be heavy enough for some of you to tone up with.

I've been checking on ebay for months, and they are going for £20 to £30 since the first lockdown.

Yes, lent my neighbour (and her son) a 5kg set. Been looking since, as that was last March, for a decent pair they can buy themselves. The prices are outrageous aren't they!?

My 5 year old Buddy has pledged to walk 86 miles during lockdown (the distance from Pershore to Wembley) after being challenged by his footy coach, which means I'll also be walking 86 miles during lockdown. 2.7 miles done today.

Apart from that I'll be restarting the Musclefood circuits at home although need to take it easy on those as I was getting a lot of hip pain last time.

Decided to do Slimfast for 1 week just to give my body a shock after a month of gluttony (9lb up in December), then will move back to Musclefood pots and high protein snacks.

Apart from that I'll be restarting the Musclefood circuits at home although need to take it easy on those as I was getting a lot of hip pain last time.

Was there any particular exercise that caused pain whilst doing them? Or ones that were more awkward than others? If so, stop them is my advice, workaround by doing more of another move, or google and/or ask for variations. There are some exercises I know for a fact (bitter experience!) I can't do as they hit the brain aches straight away, so I don't, I do others I can do.

I think it's just the impact in general. I do it in my living room and don't wear trainers. I do have matt and try to stay on it as much as possible but sometimes thats not possible so some of it is heavy impact on carpeted floor so not great.

I've toyed with the idea of muying some trainers purely for indoor use but just not got round to it.

Yes, lent my neighbour (and her son) a 5kg set. Been looking since, as that was last March, for a decent pair they can buy themselves. The prices are outrageous aren't they!?

People obviously bought up all existing stock, and some decided to resell at a higher price. I refused to buy!!!!

I really want a 10kg or 12kg, but I'm going to get a 6kg just for a start. For £5 it is a no brainer.

I think it's just the impact in general. I do it in my living room and don't wear trainers. I do have matt and try to stay on it as much as possible but sometimes thats not possible so some of it is heavy impact on carpeted floor so not great.

I've toyed with the idea of muying some trainers purely for indoor use but just not got round to it.

Sounds more like an excercise/s causing an issue, a certain twist or whatever. I would think trainers, if anything (and probably nothing) would effect feet and knees more.

You could try some hip stretches. And make sure you are warmed up before you begin circuits.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pain-relief/exercises-for-hip-pain#6-stretches

Oh,I misread kettlebells. Thought you were talking dumbells. My bad.

Same thing though, a lot of profiteering.

Must be quite a supply issue as well, because (as you will know from searching yourself) even the likes of Argos, of the Fitness Superstore have none.

A set that Argos had listed at £18.99 was going on ebay for £50. Someone saw this coming, and bought up a lot of stock. Argos was sold out, everywhere.

Funnily enough, even on Argos, they are £30 now.