The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 64 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Just been trying to do my blood pressure, I take 3 readings, to get an average resting BP first one was 127/73, then I made the mistake of reading VV whilst taking the next two, bloody hell it went up to 135 and 137 just sittings here. Normally it gets slightly less not more!

I'll try again when I'm away from the forum

Just been trying to do my blood pressure, I take 3 readings, to get an average resting BP first one was 127/73, then I made the mistake of reading VV whilst taking the next two, bloody hell it went up to 135 and 137 just sittings here. Normally it gets slightly less not more!

I'll try again when I'm away from the forum

God knows what it was last night then. Miss SD thinks it would be funny to measure mine during a game.

Anyway got in last night at 1.30 and also did 7 miles yesterday as well , so really pleased to do the Park Run in 24.17 today.

Right, forgot to say I had my 6 weeks weigh in at Villa Fit on Monday, although I've only been going 5 weeks and I have lost 6.4 KG in those 5 weeks which is a Stone. My blood pressure is lower too.
Losing a KG a week is perfect, I haven't got the heart to tell them it's all been done without increasing my steps very much at all, as I'm doing my own thing.

The rest of the group are doing 10k steps a day, which is some sort of Gov guidelines, I think it's bollocks, I've read 10 mins of fast walking 3 times a day is far better.
This is what I will start doing once the diet hits the wall where I'm not losing a kg a week. I'm guessing that will be next month if I increase my calorie intake.
If the Doc ok's me staying on my current path I will stick to what works for me, as no two people are the same

Right, forgot to say I had my 6 weeks weigh in at Villa Fit on Monday, although I've only been going 5 weeks and I have lost 6.4 KG in those 5 weeks which is a Stone. My blood pressure is lower too.
Losing a KG a week is perfect, I haven't got the heart to tell them it's all been done without increasing my steps very much at all, as I'm doing my own thing.

The rest of the group are doing 10k steps a day, which is some sort of Gov guidelines, I think it's bollocks, I've read 10 mins of fast walking 3 times a day is far better.
This is what I will start doing once the diet hits the wall where I'm not losing a kg a week. I'm guessing that will be next month if I increase my calorie intake.
If the Doc ok's me staying on my current path I will stick to what works for me, as no two people are the same

Anything that raises the heart rate does the trick. Moving of course.

Sitting down watching Villa does the same. Having said that I wonder if you do burn calories doing that lol.

Anything that raises the heart rate does the trick. Moving of course.

Sitting down watching Villa does the same. Having said that I wonder if you do burn calories doing that lol.

ah now at my weight I burn 800 cals when I'm asleep, that's obviously just ticking over. So based on that in 16 hours awake I should burn another 1600 less my food intake. and any exercise
I'm currently running a deficit of about 1500 cals a day. As I lose weight I require fewer cals to maintain that weight or lose weight. Hence when I get nearer my ideal weight I'll have to do more exercise or stop eating altogether.

Theoretically, as I have another 5 stones to lose, I should get down another 2 stones before I hit the "wall" at current rates.

That's when it gets harder, at about 15 stone, which is the weight where the consultant loses all interest in me, despite all the hype about 25 BMI being ideal but 15 stone would put me below 30, which as he says will get me through my 70's into my 80's and as with everyone it's then down to pot luck with the big man upstairs

Watching Villa puts my heart up well over 100 by the way

You won't mate, you've seen the light and will only go one way.
Thanks mate, you have more confidence in me than I do. I know it only takes some semi-major life event to trigger me comfort eating again.
A bit like an alcoholic hitting the bottle again or a druggie relapsing.
A the moment I'm very focused, and this morning I found a pair of Craghoppers 38in waist trousers still brand new that I can now just about do up, next target is to need a belt to hold them up.

Thanks mate, you have more confidence in me than I do. I know it only takes some semi-major life event to trigger me comfort eating again.
A bit like an alcoholic hitting the bottle again or a druggie relapsing.
A the moment I'm very focused, and this morning I found a pair of Craghoppers 38in waist trousers still brand new that I can now just about do up, next target is to need a belt to hold them up.
Never met you, but you come across as a very positive, determined type of bloke, and I'm working on the theory that once you have started to feel the benefits of your new regimen there will be no way back for you.
Think you will be better able to cope with any big problems that life frequently chucks at you if you feel fitter in yourself.

Never met you, but you come across as a very positive, determined type of bloke, and I'm working on the theory that once you have started to feel the benefits of your new regimen there will be no way back for you.
Think you will be better able to cope with any big problems that life frequently chucks at you if you feel fitter in yourself.

I suppose I don't suffer fools and I am very focused on certain things. The job I turned into a hobby, I'm now turning my health into a new hobby, triggered by the birth of the twins and their continued problems, I want to be there to make sure they make it through to adulthood. They are way behind where they should be development-wise. That's a whole story on its own.

Being diagnosed with Diabetes has also made me realise nobody is going to help me if I don't help myself. I check it every morning along with my blood pressure, both are now very normal. I log everything I eat and make sure my carb intake is less than 50 grams a day. My body now uses fat as fuel, basically, I've ditched Bread pasta potatoes rice and any other shite we use to fill up. I've never taken sugar and I don't drink fizzy pop or alcohol. I've ditched low-fat products as they are often full of sugar. I eat meat fish and low carb veg. It works so far so good

I suppose I don't suffer fools and I am very focused on certain things. The job I turned into a hobby, I'm now turning my health into a new hobby, triggered by the birth of the twins and their continued problems, I want to be there to make sure they make it through to adulthood. They are way behind where they should be development-wise. That's a whole story on its own.

Being diagnosed with Diabetes has also made me realise nobody is going to help me if I don't help myself. I check it every morning along with my blood pressure, both are now very normal. I log everything I eat and make sure my carb intake is less than 50 grams a day. My body now uses fat as fuel, basically, I've ditched Bread pasta potatoes rice and any other shite we use to fill up. I've never taken sugar and I don't drink fizzy pop or alcohol. I've ditched low-fat products as they are often full of sugar. I eat meat fish and low carb veg. It works so far so good
If you've seen the photo I posted of me with the new pup over on man's best friend you can see I don't have a weight issue.
I tried to put weight on when I played sports to give me a bit more of a presence, and it just wouldn't happen. I'm the same now as I was when I was 17/18. I usually have a day most weeks when I eat very little, and I instantly lose weight, it's always been the same.
I can eat everything that you avoid and it makes no difference, so I have no idea what you are going through and how hard it is to do.
I have read your posts over on Members and know how much the twins mean to you and they must give grandad a huge reason to stick around for as long as possible.

If you've seen the photo I posted of me with the new pup over on man's best friend you can see I don't have a weight issue.
I tried to put weight on when I played sports to give me a bit more of a presence, and it just wouldn't happen. I'm the same now as I was when I was 17/18. I usually have a day most weeks when I eat very little, and I instantly lose weight, it's always been the same.
I can eat everything that you avoid and it makes no difference, so I have no idea what you are going through and how hard it is to do.
I have read your posts over on Members and know how much the twins mean to you and they must give grandad a huge reason to stick around for as long as possible.
My brother is 6ft 1in and 11st and he's 60 now, he's always been the same, eats me under the table.

Despite all the piss-taking fat people get when they say they have a dodgy thyroid it is true, Mines not working at all now since it was knocked out and his has been checked out several times and said to be ok. Hormones play a big part in my opinion and the thyroid controls most things. I had been 14.5 stone for years when they said my thyroid was overactive and I had it knocked out at City hospital in 1996. Since then I've been around 18/19 stone and let's be honest we all eat the same as we've always done, in fact as we get older we normally eat less.
Yet my thyroid is now within the "normal limits" . My guess is that normal for me is not normal for you, it's just an average and nobody is average.

Yep I live and breathe for my grandkids but especially the boys, Both seem physically ok but I think and so does everyone else that they have some form of Autism. Can't get anything confirmed as no doctors seem to want to see anyone about anything currently. We can't even get a private paediatrician as they don't seem to exist. Probably for another thread

The full 3 months are up today and the official 9am weigh in has taken place and it's
Minus 1.3kg again this week or 2.8lbs in understandable money.

I've just phoned the doctors for an appointment and they are ringing me back, what utter bollocks this system is, All to get an appointment. They should be following up on my diabetes not me chasing them but I learnt many years ago to keep at them as you are not in their thoughts

I've bought one of those oximeters that you put on your finger. My blood/oygen level reads between 97 and 98% with a resting pulse rate of 60bpm give or take 10bpm. I haven't tried it when I'm watching a match.

I've bought one of those oximeters that you put on your finger. My blood/oygen level reads between 97 and 98% with a resting pulse rate of 60bpm give or take 10bpm. I haven't tried it when I'm watching a match.
I have one built into my Samsung Note9 phone my oxygen levels are low normal 90 to 95 which is not good the last few days they have been 96/97 which is better but 95 to 100 is fine. My average resting pulse is around 60ish . Blood pressure average over the last week had been 124/71 resting , which is good for my age and size

Right folks for any fat bastards out there who are interested in following my lead, there is another Villa Fit course starting in January..
No, seriously it's Diet and lifestyle change course and most of the lads on it are only a couple of stones overweight, there is some fitness training and workouts involved but even I've managed that. It's ok I won't be there as you can only do one course of it.
PM me if interested and I'll send you Michelle Kings contact details.

This morning I sat through 2 hours of a Bariatric Surgery seminar.
The bottom line is once I'm on the list for Surgery, no matter how much weight I lose, I can still have surgery if I want it.
There are 3 types of operation and it's not a miracle cure, it's just an aid to weight loss.
I'd still have to follow a diet very similar to the one I'm on now even after an Operation, with that being the case it looks to me like I'll be opting out of any surgery when the time comes, the op probably means the average person loses around 50 to70% of their excess body weight, which to be honest I've almost done 40% without really trying .

I'm just going to wait as long as possible before deciding what is best for me. There is currently a 30 month waiting list once you get on it

Disappointed this week I've only lost 0.8kg but then realised that is 1.7 lbs and it's downwards and I didn't do Villa Fit as they are decorating the Dave Targett suite.
I know I'm boring the bollocks of some of you but this is serious weight loss and saving my life stuff

Disappointed this week I've only lost 0.8kg but then realised that is 1.7 lbs and it's downwards and I didn't do Villa Fit as they are decorating the Dave Targett suite.
I know I'm boring the bollocks of some of you but this is serious weight loss and saving my life stuff

Don't worry mate . You bore the bollicks off us in other threads so this really is no different.