The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 54 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Yes, that is it, to do with maintaining after the people had lost weight.

It was the follow up to https://www.channel4.com/programmes/lose-a-stone-in-21-days-with-michael-mosley/episode-guide/

.. a lot of it I thought was ott and others reviewing said similar.

But the bit about yo-yo dieting in the follow up was interesting. Think it was at least half way through the programme. It is on channel 4 catch up still.

Yes, that is it, to do with maintaining after the people had lost weight.

It was the follow up to https://www.channel4.com/programmes/lose-a-stone-in-21-days-with-michael-mosley/episode-guide/

.. a lot of it I thought was ott and others reviewing said similar.

But the bit about yo-yo dieting in the follow up was interesting. Think it was at least half way through the programme. It is on channel 4 catch up still.

Not watched it but heard a discussion about it on the radio and it did sound a bit extreme.

Not watched it but heard a discussion about it on the radio and it did sound a bit extreme.

Bit surprising for him, he is usually decent, some of the bits (as it is all sorts of different parts discussed) are fine, others, it is just reducing calories too much in my humble (and fairly well read) opinion.

Bit surprising for him, he is usually decent, some of the bits (as it is all sorts of different parts discussed) are fine, others, it is just reducing calories too much in my humble (and fairly well read) opinion.

Yes wasn't it about 800 calories a day ?

Yes wasn't it about 800 calories a day ?

Yup, awful. You could do it for a few days to just rest your system, if you believed in that sort of thing, but really, just seems a silly and extreme thing for a doctor to be advocating. And as some in that show proved, they couldn't sustain it.

In fact, that sort of thing, I think, makes you obsess about food and what you are missing.

Yup, awful. You could do it for a few days to just rest your system, if you believed in that sort of thing, but really, just seems a silly and extreme thing for a doctor to be advocating. And as some in that show proved, they couldn't sustain it.

In fact, that sort of thing, I think, makes you obsess about food and what you are missing.

Yes that's what I thought when I heard the discussion on the radio.

I havnt been for a jog in a while.
I went for just over 10k this evening. Didnt push hard, just a nice enjoyable venture.

What i do notice though when going on runs is how many times i get a whiff of weed. Disgusting stuff. Cant stand the smell. If people want to take it, im not against it, its their choice... but i hate having the smell up my nose. Same as cigarettes. Im not one to nag people but i really dont care for that vile smell.
I cant believe we used to go to pubs and have people smoke inside. Looking back. How disgusting.

I went for just over 10k this evening. Didnt push hard, just a nice enjoyable venture.

What i do notice though when going on runs is how many times i get a whiff of weed. Disgusting stuff. Cant stand the smell. If people want to take it, im not against it, its their choice... but i hate having the smell up my nose. Same as cigarettes. Im not one to nag people but i really dont care for that vile smell.
I cant believe we used to go to pubs and have people smoke inside. Looking back. How disgusting.

Thing that makes me laugh is those that smoke it don’t appear to realise that it smells so much and from distance . Often out in my village I catch a whiff and then about 100 metres round the corner some kids quickly hide their spliffs as they see adults coming along . Errr... too late young uns it stinks!.:slap:.

And yes, disgusting, like smoking . And never mind pubs I remember being on planes with people smoking . What the actual !!!

Back in the day when I used to enjoy a pint it was impossible to sneak in for a quick one because the missus could always smell the smoke as soon as you walked through the door.

Any suggestions on curing tight, sore calves? I've been walking about 4 miles every day since the first lockdown last March. Target 30 miles a week met until about a week ago. Then, out walking, calves tightened up, got very sore and struggled to get home. It's murder walking down stairs. I've iced, used heat, Voltarol and Ibuprofen. Anything else I can do?

Any suggestions on curing tight, sore calves? I've been walking about 4 miles every day since the first lockdown last March. Target 30 miles a week met until about a week ago. Then, out walking, calves tightened up, got very sore and struggled to get home. It's murder walking down stairs. I've iced, used heat, Voltarol and Ibuprofen. Anything else I can do?

Give them a good massage, working upward. Also, you might want to try some electrolytes just in case you are cramping up a bit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Science-Sport-Hydro-Hydration-Tablets/dp/B00EZSCRRC/

and/or try magnesium, can relax the muscles

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BetterYou-Magnesium-Oil-Spray-Sensitive/dp/B00P2N1T4G/

Also what footwear are you walking in ?

I know the feeling Fear. Fifty weeks of good health since the lockdown in March and looking forward to a whack round the golf course. Round booked for today and my legs start playing silly buggers. I’d be putting for my first eagle of the day about now.
Bollocks!