The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 53 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Did my 5k yesterday in 25.10 . Slightly disappointed but a mile and a half was into the wind and it was strong enough to make a difference I think.

Went for a 10 mile run this morning but got slightly lost and ended up doing 12.3 !!! so I am completely knackered now.

Did my 5k yesterday in 25.10 . Slightly disappointed but a mile and a half was into the wind and it was strong enough to make a difference I think.

Went for a 10 mile run this morning but got slightly lost and ended up doing 12.3 !!! so I am completely knackered now.
There is nothing worse while jogging with a strong wind coming into you. I always struggle to breathe properly. And breathing properly is always the key, no matter what sport you are doing.
I guarantee all beginners in boxing and martial arts will hold their breath when sparring. Guarantee.... something you have to learn the hard way unfortunately. Lol

Last Friday I had my treatment for migraines, which involves an injection into the occipital nerve at the back of the skull. It does make me feel like superman for a few weeks. Hence the 55 miles yesterday, my longest ride ever. 37 miles today, and I think it may have been too much. Still learning the limits!!!

I did look at the forecast, and work out I have a few day to rest now, before I rode, though.

Is there a link to that treatment @HeathfieldRoad1874 Sounds fascinating?

Working within limits here also, frustrating but not much I can do about it. I do fear/feel I got a fair bit of extra damage from the last flair up and I guess a lot of stuff is still re-adjusting from the op.

Hate the stop-start nature of my life but on the flipside, moaning won't help.

Just strolled (3 mins!) to a stile right by me, to have a sit down in the fresh air looking at the fields (that Persimmon will soon be building on :LOL:)

Fascinating stuff. Amazing what can be done. Really pleased you find relief from this.

Oh, I've had it every three month for the last three years. The Dr thinks I'm mad because I look forward to her jabbing a needle into the back of my head, but I explained that I just associate it with weeks of relief thereafter. I just wished it lasted the full three months.

It is what reminds me I am sick, because I know what being well feels like for a while.

Yes, can totally understand that, always said if I had something that worked, I'd do it without doubt (tried a lot of things!) That lease of life when under the influence of the procedure sounds more than enough to warrant going through it. Especially with the wonderful freedom you have on the electric bike getting out.

Just a life changer that isn't it? My little sitting on the stile (had to google what it was, total memory blocks these days, was a strange google question! I was thinking sty. DOH!) today was a nice moment, you have to take what you can get and try to appreciate it I think. Ok, I'd like to have been walking up the hill, or going for a trek, but that wasn't on, the other option was sit on the sofa and do nothing.

Can't wait to be able to start going to the different woods and forests around and abouts.

Get up, get out... and so on!

I'm so glad you do get out, though. Studies show the enormous benefits of doing so. I'm trying to use some mindfulness ideas. I'm always thinking of where I'm going, or what I will be doing. It's great to make yourself just enjoy where you are, right in that moment. Be patient, and it will all come good, I'm sure.

I used to think they were called Sty's so now you are reminding me what a fool I am!!!

Oh, and I saw a Seal catch a massive fish in the tidal river I cycled along. I only had my phone, so the picture is crap, but it really made my day.

Seal with fish.jpg

Yeah, one of my problems at the moment is nystagmus which kind of takes me out of the moment, but nevertheless, could be worse!!!

And wow... nature... sooooo important. That reminds me, need to explain to my neighbours why I was seemingly staring at their houses yesterday. There was a finch fleeting around, I assume eating insects.... LOL That is an example though, same as you are saying, as being 'in the moment'.

I remember years ago I used to go to the gym in Sutton Coldfield (Wyndley for those who know) and then for long walks in the park. Sometimes I would march around at good speeds for the fitness, other times I'd stroll around, look at the trees, birds (!), see the squirrels, and so on, for the mental health.

Lovely.

On of my hobbies used to be wildlife photography. It got quite hard to concentrate in the end, but I loved it. Just sitting there, waiting.

My Niece is doing photography as one of her options, so looking forward to a reason to get out there again, and teach her how it's done!!

Sounds like you need a camera? Would be a great reason to get out.

Bit the bullet and weighed myself this morning. Been putting it off as I can tell visually I've put a chunk back on.

12 St 10lb.

Thats 7lb higher than this time last year.

Over a stone heavier than my lightest.

Damn.

I've already started running again over the last couple of weeks been for four 2.5 mile runs, so aiming to step that up know in terms of longer distances and more often. Atleast get me back into a semi fit state before the gyms reopen. Then hit the gym hard!

Diet is the tricky one at the moment. Really finding it hard not to snack. Hopefully it will all click into place soon.

I'm kind of hoping that 7lb I mentioned earlier is all beard. 😂

Ha, yes, the beard must weight that much surely!?

I've been lucky ish, not really fallen off the wagon since the DTU that we did. A day like yesterday (one of those get up, sit down, don't move things due to the obvious issues) I find harder then not to snack, just boredom, but try to reach for something like a carrot as a first port of call.

Think you now have the same connection that I have, gym + nutrition/diet whereas I think before you were always diet + I just hate the gym!?!

Oh, and I forget the name of the show now, it was a Michael Mosely one, lose x lb in x weeks ... think channel 5.

But the reason I said watch it, was there was an interesting part about binge dieting. I think most of us think they are bad and when you end up putting the weight back on, it is back to square one. But they did say that even if the weight goes on, it usually takes a year or so, and in the meantime, you still have had the health benefits of losing the weight, unclogged arteries and what not.

Oh, and I forget the name of the show now, it was a Michael Mosely one, lose x lb in x weeks ... think channel 5.

But the reason I said watch it, was there was an interesting part about binge dieting. I think most of us think they are bad and when you end up putting the weight back on, it is back to square one. But they did say that even if the weight goes on, it usually takes a year or so, and in the meantime, you still have had the health benefits of losing the weight, unclogged arteries and what not.

Was it this one ? I think they showed it again in the week.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-keep-a-healthy-weight-michael-mosley

Oh and strained a hamstring this morning during my 5k run. Was flying as well (by my standards anyway). Stopped straight away so hopefully it won't stop me for too long.

Never really ad a muscle injury before.