The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 47 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

So since I last posted on Saturday I have done

10 mile run

10k run

4 mile run

3 kettlebell sessions.

Today I am resting ahead of the weekends running,

My 5 year old Buddy has pledged to walk 86 miles during lockdown (the distance from Pershore to Wembley) after being challenged by his footy coach, which means I'll also be walking 86 miles during lockdown. 2.7 miles done today.

10 days into the challenge and he's done 24.4 miles already.

We started off just walking but he is now doing a lot of jogging.

We have a 2.3 mile route which we like to do.

His first attempt was 39 mins 17 secs

2nd attempt was 35 mins 46 secs

3rd attempt (just now) was 33 mins 45 secs.

Smashing his PB every time!

So proud of him. Thought I'd be dragging him around kicking and screaming but he's loving it. Really keen to get out and really enthusiastic once wer're out.

Starting a tentative fight back now. Been in a two and eight but need to see if I can push things to get all the doo dahs re-mapping. Doing a few 1 minute HITT (literally just 1 minute) 2-3 times a day. Then upping my strolls/walks. They are relatively short each time 500-1000 steps at a time, but making sure I do them a good few times a day.

Plan to get my boots on and go in the little wood by me as well, but need to be careful I don't slip over as the wound area is the lower spine.

And been in the gym to use the vibroplate, do some cupping and also did a few (just 15 reps) bicep and tricep curls (low - for me - weights 9kg) and the same number of cable crossovers.

The body will soon say no if it isn't the right timing.

I do at least (unfortunately) have vast experience of re-introducing movement. The pain in the hindbrain does suggest - let alone the vertigo - I am a long way off proper training, but we will see.

So over the last 18 months I've pulled my groin twice playing 5 a side (I am not playing again, ever - said a million times before!).

Then I pulled my calf playing squash to the point I ended up having hospital checks & injections to make sure I hadn't got thrombosis.

I put almost three stone on in that time and haven't exercised.

Been on a diet since the start of the year (going well) and managed half a dozen 'runs' - only 3k each but I am starting from right down there again.

Today, 2k in, my other calf has gone. Not major, but enough I can't walk on it.

Absolutely pissed off now!

I've surprised myself after a bit of off time at Christmas that I was and am back on track with my nutrition.

Yes I had too much chocolate given me for Christmas. What surprised me was my attitude towards it.

I had some. I didn’t binge on a whole box. I gave alot to my lad at home and took some to our meeting.

It was very meh, from me. It might not sound alot to some of you however its a major shift from me

Before I stopped drinking 18 years ago I never was a sweet tooth person.

When I stopped that changed. Alcohol is full of poisonous sugar so the body still craves sugar so we use it in another form

Last edited:
I'm still a child at heart just wish the rest of my body would fall into line :LOL:

I'm on a health kick, making smoothies every day, instead of the regular shit I'd normally be eating, lost 4kg in 10 days, just made another smoothie consisting of spinach, broccoli, pineapple and kiwi with just water, At the stage where I now need to do something about it before my metabolism slows down.

I'm a truck driver now, instead of meal deals, It's two smoothies, low fat yogurt, berry's be it strawberry, blueberrys, raspberry's, cherrys, blackberrys, a banana, cashew nuts, linseed topped with water.

I'm on a health kick, making smoothies every day, instead of the regular shit I'd normally be eating, lost 4kg in 10 days, just made another smoothie consisting of spinach, broccoli, pineapple and kiwi with just water, At the stage where I now need to do something about it before my metabolism slows down.

I'm a truck driver now, instead of meal deals, It's two smoothies, low fat yogurt, berry's be it strawberry, blueberrys, raspberry's, cherrys, blackberrys, a banana, cashew nuts, linseed topped with water.
Yeah need to get back on me treadmill but I'm working that hard lately I'm knackered when I get in have to knock the cider on the head and get on the smooth too John Smith does a lovely one.

Going to be a long road, but if anyone has the experience of fightbacks (literally with punchbags) it is me.

Did 21 mins which surprised me. I was expecting 2 mins per bag and to leave it at that.

(No advice needed about taking it easy thanks, I know! ;):grinning:)

Take it easy JF.

6.41 mile run tonight. Not easy running in the dark with the state of some of the pavements , but managed a decent pace.

Funny enough was thinking earlier on my run how really tough going it is where I go running in the lanes and fields around me at this time of year. Especially with the early wet winter we have had. Really leg sapping.

The ebike is dead. Water has invaded the motor. I took off the casing, and water and grit poured out.

New circuit board order from California, for £26. Until then, I have to ride the normal bike. I tell you what. You don't need as many layers.