The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 233 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think any a Villa fan is disappointed when Jack doesn’t get on the pitch but it’s difficult to be critical when we’ve won 4-0 in a quarter final. England don’t do ‘comfortable’ in big tournament games…not in my lifetime anyway! Tonight was by far the most polished performance so far and we’re getting better as the tournament progresses which is always a good sign. Denmark are a decent team but you’d hope that a near full house at Wembley will help them to do the business on Wednesday. A great lift for the country after such a tough 16 months.
Disappointed for Jack, not personally - the thing is that Sterling is the incumbent, and Jack has to be significantly superior to dislodge him. Unless Sterling is injured or a liability, any manager is bound to stick with him. When Jack gets his opportunities, he has to be amazing. That’s just the way it is.

Doesn’t get much easier than that in a euro quarter final. Combination of a dreadful Ukraine team and a superb 2nd half from England . In truth the game was done after the first goal.

I am miffed that SJ isn’t playing more. But then Citeh fans will say the same about Foden, Manure about Rashford and Dortmund about Sancho (until tonight). Pretty clear that there will not be a consistent line up in certain areas from Southgate. Just as likely that Sancho won’t start the next game .

Even Shevchenko recognises Grealish, walked around the pitch and then gave Jack a big hug, probably telling him I wish you was playing for me 😂

It’s got to be due to his injury Southgate isn’t risking him, leaving him as the ace card so the other team perhaps the Italians won’t be focused on a game plan for him, it’s like England leaving out Gazza.

Disappointed for Jack, not personally - the thing is that Sterling is the incumbent, and Jack has to be significantly superior to dislodge him. Unless Sterling is injured or a liability, any manager is bound to stick with him. When Jack gets his opportunities, he has to be amazing. That’s just the way it is.
Isn't Sterling a striker and Jack a midfielder, I don't see them as rivals

Even Shevchenko recognises Grealish, walked around the pitch and then gave Jack a big hug, probably telling him I wish you was playing for me 😂

It’s got to be due to his injury Southgate isn’t risking him, leaving him as the ace card so the other team perhaps the Italians won’t be focused on a game plan for him, it’s like England leaving out Gazza.
Like I said he didn't play him at u21 level either

Seeing how the squad are obviously happy with Southgate and his decisions I'm just going to try and button it a bit. It's entirely selfish that I want to see my favourite player, and an Aston Villa player at that, front and centre for England. I just can't argue with the results and I'm starting to get excited about our chances, so I refuse to carry on as the grumpy git picking fault.

Well done Gareth. Well done England.

I can take a bit of stick :Fingers:)

You can't play that much, I believe they are called clubs.

200w.gif

goal versus Denmark on the back of the erm sparkling display from Gareths chosen ones ~ 20 mins in
grealish on 75+ mins
late equaliser

pen shootout

erm

*(when the fun stops stop)
**(past performance is not a guide to future performance)

I will say now.
On the evidence so far, not a chance we are losing to Denmark in front of 60,000 England fans at Wemberley on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.