The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 232 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely stuff. Nice and easy. Great to see the real Kane appear finally. Can't say I was too impressed with Sancho or Mount, not compared to Jack anyway. Denmark a much sterner test but an England side in form, confident, with the options in attack we have and in front of 65k England fans at Wembley I'm allowing myself to dream.

Well done to the squad and to Southgate. He's not done it how I would have but he's done everything asked of him thus far. I still believe Grealish starting would take us to another level and I'll die on that hill. He'll gst his chance though. He's a big game player and we've potentially 2 BIG games.

We did win didn’t we?
Well done Southgate and all the team. A controlled performance, well managed by Southgate tonight. No doubt we’ll be up against more capable opposition and we’ll see if the squad can cope. As an Englishman I hope they can. For tonight I’ll give all concerned the credit they deserve.

me mrs said, no need to bring jack on, why risk him, hopefully they are saving him, for the semi but he looked down hearted on the bench, a great win though, seanie

Maybe 2 DM's is the pragmatic way to win a tournament. Not sure about Prem I'd say it's a system that should be looked at in certain games

Think any a Villa fan is disappointed when Jack doesn’t get on the pitch but it’s difficult to be critical when we’ve won 4-0 in a quarter final. England don’t do ‘comfortable’ in big tournament games…not in my lifetime anyway! Tonight was by far the most polished performance so far and we’re getting better as the tournament progresses which is always a good sign. Denmark are a decent team but you’d hope that a near full house at Wembley will help them to do the business on Wednesday. A great lift for the country after such a tough 16 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.