The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 234 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henderson got his first goal for England in his 62nd match but, he worked getting the space well, like he'd been playing as a striker all his career.

If I am not mistaken he is known for his tricks and skills and except for one moment in the game where he almost pulled off a trick he was anonymous for entire game. I even heard in one of the players' interviews, Rashford maybe, who said Sancho and Foden were the most skilful and frankly both were average at best in all of the games they played in.

Phil Foden, who will no doubt go on to be a top top class player, must feel a bit of a knob with his silver hair, trying no emulate Gazza.

Been totally bang average. But, like Jack - he's a very forward thinking player who constantly want's the ball and to drive. I think that scares Gareth

Phil Foden, who will no doubt go on to be a top top class player, must feel a bit of a knob with his silver hair, trying no emulate Gazza.

Been totally bang average. But, like Jack - he's a very forward thinking player who constantly want's the ball and to drive. I think that scares Gareth

Perhaps he was under the illusion that he'd be a guaranteed starter regardless and hence was going through the motions, and now as a result of Saka's better performances he finds himself behind him in selection. I can't see him regaining his place if Saka is fit.

Apparently, Denmark are everyone's second team and are being bigged up as much better than Ukraine.
Really, qualified by winning their last group game after losing the first two.
Let be honest they are the worst team left in it, I don't do second teams. I'm English I don't have a choice, it's not club football.
This is the only time I can be English these days is when my country is playing football

Apparently, Denmark are everyone's second team and are being bigged up as much better than Ukraine.
Let be honest they are the worst team left in it, I don't do second teams. I'm English I don't have a choice, it's not club football.
This is the only time I can be English these days is when my country is playing football

I don't think you can really look at that Finland game they lost and judge them for that. They'd watched their Captain and talisman nearly die on the pitch and lost to the only shot they conceded. Against Belgium they were the better team till De Bruyne came on and completely changed the game. They've since destroyed Russia, destroyed Wales and beaten the Czechs who are no mugs.

They'll be a far tougher test as they are on a massive high and though they're missing their star player the rest of the squad seem to be performing at the maximum of their abilities. Thankfully its obvious the England squad isn't going to take it lightly so I'm predicting a 3-1 England win to take us to the final vs Italy.

Denmark can be everyone’s second team all they like. They ain’t beating England Wednesday .
FACT.
Exactly mate, their only threat is set pieces. Let's be honest the England Lads who haven't played yet would beat them 9 times out of 10.
I know people like to hedge their bets in case we lose by bigging up the opposition but, it's Denmark without their star man a star man who wouldn't make the England squad. Only the keeper would make the England side and that's probably up for debate

Apart from Italy and our last 20 mins v Germany and the second half last night it has been a dreadful overall standard this tournament . The traditional big nations have been so poor. Strange . Pandemic related due to mucked up football calendar this last 18 months maybe?

Wow come on England. No such thing as an “easy” game but Denmark in a semi final, it couldn’t have worked out any better for us.

I think it’s really happening! Will be getting tickets for Wednesday, hopeful of a ticket for the game after too… could be a once in a lifetime moment in a weeks time. Just need England to do their jobs and covid to stay away for the next week

I wonder if any of us would have believed during the last World cup that by the time the Euros rolled around that Villa would have 2 players in a England squad in the semifinals. Not only that but we'd have Brazil and Argentinian internationals in the semi finals of the Copa America as well.

Make the most of it mate, whilst they will still let you.

Apart from Italy and our last 20 mins v Germany and the second half last night it has been a dreadful overall standard this tournament . The traditional big nations have been so poor. Strange . Pandemic related due to mucked up football calendar this last 18 months maybe?

So when we win it’s because everyone else is so poor…yawn.

Thought Southgate's interview after the game was good. Pointed out the 3 that he has to leave out of the squad each match and that is where his thoughts were because they are all important. Quite classy that.

ALSO "we knew we had players who physically we had to look after and we had to manage and we've been able to introduce those players in and we know over the seven games the squad is so important. Trying to give people a breather at the right time. We won't have got that perfect."

Seems perfect enough to me right now, as tournament football is all about results, he's got them, simple as.

"Spirit of the group is phenomenal."

Some did turn quickly to Ukraine being crap, instead of us being good. But agree, not you!

But I do think this has been a good tournament, and yes, we've had some shock results for sure. I'm loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.