The European Championship ‘21 | Page 6 | Vital Football

The European Championship ‘21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane was continually pressing the Croatian keeper when distributing. Expending energy needlessly. Surely it should be Sterling doing that with his pace ?
WTF do I know? It just seems daft.

Kane didn't press anyone Nick. He just jogged towards them and then stopped within 5-10 yards. He never once properly shut down their keeper or centre halves and drew a mistake out of them. He was going through the motions rather than shutting down. He wasn't committed to winning headers either.

I left Wembley livid with Harry. It's one thing using all of the Spurs crap as an excuse. It's another for an England captain pulling on the 3 lions and continuing with the bad attitude. It needs resolving quickly if we are to do anything in this tournament.

Kane didn't press anyone Nick. He just jogged towards them and then stopped within 5-10 yards. He never once properly shut down their keeper or centre halves and drew a mistake out of them. He was going through the motions rather than shutting down. He wasn't committed to winning headers either.

I left Wembley livid with Harry. It's one thing using all of the Spurs crap as an excuse. It's another for an England captain pulling on the 3 lions and continuing with the bad attitude. It needs resolving quickly if we are to do anything in this tournament.

Yeah but why use a lumbering giant to close down the keeper. Use someone who will really force the keeper into a mistake. If Kane is trying to preserve energy it doesn't make sense to me.

He was awful, at this rate, by the end of the euro's we'll be begging Manc to get the deal done.

Yeah but why use a lumbering giant to close down the keeper. Use someone who will really force the keeper into a mistake. If Kane is trying to preserve energy it doesn't make sense to me.

Because the system we played simply isn't using Kane's strengths and now he's into the bullshit he can be a creator, he's not making the forward runs he should.

Dreadful.

This is nothing to do with Kane's physique. Go back and watch the City game this season where Kane covered every blade of grass. He never stopped running for 95 mins and came off the pitch exhausted. He's 27 years old and at his peak. However, he has a real attitude issue at the moment that I'm hoping Southgate and his team mates can snap him out of.

We've all seen what happens when players get used to playing in 3rd gear over a long time. We also know that Jose left our squad unfit. That hasn't helped either.

Did the England fans pick up on it? It seems it's only Spurs fans that see it. The media certainly don't.

Did the England fans pick up on it? It seems it's only Spurs fans that see it. The media certainly don't.

Wembley did a good job of spreading 18.5k fans around the stadium, so it wasn't like normal where you can hear the comments in the adjacent rows. We were all 2 seats apart ourselves. There were a few groans though, but I don't think the England fans have seen it as clearly as us Spurs fans. When you think about it, it took Roy Keane until last week to pull him apart. Few other pundits have figure this thing out either. Kane gets an easy ride and it's not good for our chances in the Euro's.

Kane was continually pressing the Croatian keeper when distributing. Expending energy needlessly. Surely it should be Sterling doing that with his pace ?
WTF do I know? It just seems daft.

The trouble is it was the kind of pressing we see from Son all the time. Yes you are chasing, but everyone knows you dont actually think you will get it. Either do it full throttle and have a chance of effecting things or dont bother at all. Kane has spent the last 3 seasons ensuring he stays on the pitch for 90mins to get that one chance to score. He no longer knows how to fully exert himself knowing he might run out of energy and have to be subbed. He is like a diesel engine when we need a turbo petrol.

Because the system we played simply isn't using Kane's strengths and now he's into the bullshit he can be a creator, he's not making the forward runs he should.

Dreadful.

And there is one of the main reasons Spurs have stagnated as a club. We have sacrificed everyone else on the pitch to maintain his numbers. He is class, but I support Spurs, not Harry Kane.

Absolutely spot on.
I was with my friend who is a United fan the other day and he could not believe what I was saying about Harry.
It honestly comes across as sour grapes. How can we complain about someone who has been the best english striker over the last decade. This was my feeling for years and i have compared him to Shearer over and over again. The thing is we are Spurs, we cannot afford to compensate as our players are not good enough and we dont have replacements. For England they have the quality. Calvert-Lewin would be in ahead of Kane for me. TBH if i had been picking the squad i would have tapped up Vardy because the way we were playing long balls to Sterling & Foden tells me Vardy would have had a field day. I absolutely guarentee you Vardy would have been 10x better press as well

He was awful, at this rate, by the end of the euro's we'll be begging Manc to get the deal done.

Yeah knowing our shit Spurs luck...Kane will get injured and then we will be stuck with his huge ass salary....FML!

Seriously if he wants to leave...this is the moment he should be playing for his next contract!

Fracking hell...I mean Sterling ran circles around him ALL GAME and got the goal. Kane missed an open net and ran into the damn pole in the process.

We NEED him to leave and we NEED the players that we can get in return plus some cash. If this doesn't happen our rebuild simply can't really get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.