The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 108 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

Get that some can see no wrong in him but that was a major fuck up yesterday and had that been Olsen he wouldn't now be getting praise for a late save, he'd be getting pelters.
Praise where it's due but he's not beyond criticism, surely?

He fucked up, but all goalkeepers do. It didn't matter in the end and didn't cost us anything so why make a big deal out of it?

Allison has made some of the biggest blunders I've ever seen from a keeper, and he's supposed to be the best keeper in the world.

Last edited:
He fucked up, but all goalkeepers do. It didn't matter in the end and didn't cost us anything so why make a big deal out of it?

Allison has made some of the biggest blunders I've ever seen from a keeper, and he's supposed to be the best keeper in the world.
Yeah.
Not sure what the point of this conversation and what it is going toward is. He fucked up, with Lenglet, he admitted after. Fans said he fucked up , no hiding of it and he still went on produce a world class piece of goalkeeping in the last moments.

All players fuck up , best in the world or otherwise. Always have , always will.

Last edited:
The difference with Olsen is that in addition to his fuck ups he is also not even one tenth of one percent as good as Martinez.

The difference with Olsen is that in addition to his fuck ups he is also not even one tenth of one percent as good as Martinez.
We'll be saying farewell this summer, contract up and Gauci in.

I use to say we should get Foderingham in to pad the homegrown numbers but seeing him concede 5 almost back to back. I can't help but wonder how he pushed out Olsen. I do actually feel like Olsen is better than him. Like he does for Sweden I reckon he'd be fine in a team that sits back and defends for 95% of the game. He only has to worry about shot-stopping which is only real strength.

Theres too much pressure to play for a team like us.

Some will only realise when he is gone what a fine GK he is and then have something to really criticise the GK about as opposed to not being happy that Emi celebrated a career defining moment and also held a doll for 3 seconds . We will be downgrading next and have no choice , where as normally in the position we are as a club currently you seek to and are able to upgrade.

Keep catching myself taking him for granted when he's actually right up there for reasons why we are where we are. It's this guy's season as much as its Ollie's.

He really comes across as quite humble and still thankful to Aston Villa for helping him achieve all what he's achieved.

Think he will stay here for his best years.

Legend.

We relied on emi to keep us in the game to go on and win it, lego head and his gooners relied on their best player today to keep it level so long…. The woodwork, arsenals 12th man.

It will never be acknowledged.

edit: I need to get to VP next season because this is history, this is one of the greatest ever players to put on our shirt and one of the best keepers ever.
Yep - it’s like Torres - I’m at Bournemouth next week to see this giant - it’s like waiting for Santa