The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 107 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

3 clean sheets on the bounce, is more like the Martinez we all know, shame Ollie has gone on one of his 6 without a goal runs at the same time or we'd be really flying

Massive save at the end from him yesterday , massive.

He's worth his weight in gold to us and I wouldn't swap him for anyone.
Yup. Huge.
We couldn’t really work out yesterday what happened with their goal but having watched it again several times , defo 50/50 on both him and Lenglet there. Makes cases for both being in the position and needing to just take the initiative and wipe the ball and players out.

Yup. Huge.
We couldn’t really work out yesterday what happened with their goal but having watched it again several times , defo 50/50 on both him and Lenglet there. Makes cases for both being in the position and needing to just take the initiative and wipe the ball and players out.
Emi said he shouldn't have come for it and should have let Longlet deal with it . Probably a bit of mis communication between them both.

The clown from Sky who did the player ratings gave Emi a 5 out of 10.

Sky really don't like us gatecrashing the top 6.
Too busy having their heads up Onana’s arse - there’s a keeper that should have a fair few 3/4’s against his name - let’s hope later is one. £50m big ones he cost - Martinez £18m small ones, Martinez should have got minimum 7 for those saves to keep the 3 points.

The clown from Sky who did the player ratings gave Emi a 5 out of 10.

Sky really don't like us gatecrashing the top 6.
Get that some can see no wrong in him but that was a major fuck up yesterday and had that been Olsen he wouldn't now be getting praise for a late save, he'd be getting pelters.
Praise where it's due but he's not beyond criticism, surely?

Get that some can see no wrong in him but that was a major fuck up yesterday and had that been Olsen he wouldn't now be getting praise for a late save, he'd be getting pelters.
You only need to look two posts above tbh.

World Cup Winner and the one true World Class Player at the Club. An inspiration to all. Brilliant save at the end from Traore, without him its 2-2 and points handed back through lack of game management and very poor officiating. We should really have been out of sight.

Will only get praise from me - top top draw and made up for his error winning us the game with saves late on - that will do for me - and no criticism

He's the best keeper we've ever had, I've personally never seen a Villa keeper worth so many points over the course of the season. Best in the world.

Agreed. You might a keeper that's slightly better at one thing than him but he's great at everything. How many one on ones like that has he saved?

I think because we won the game most people wouldn't be criticising anyone?

Had we lost he may have got a few more comments about the goal, but I think it's fairly normal to gloss over it given we won and he was a major part of that with the late save.