The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

The jury is out for me, strange thing is this season we have spent 60m on two players that have hardly played so far. This means that others have stepped up one being Jacob Ramsey who at this moment in time is in the shirt
I'm sure you'll find at this time (8.32)Jacob Ramsey will still be in his Paw Patrol pyjamas 😁

I'm sure you'll find at this time (8.32)Jacob Ramsey will still be in his Paw Patrol pyjamas 😁
I'm impressed you know what Paw Patrol is, my Grandsons, watch it on Nickelodeon all day so I'm well up to speed. No pup is too small no job is too big!

Disappointed so far, to say the least. That said, he hasn't had many games. Like Charlie, a very talented footballer. But, unlike Charlie, I think he will give his all. Whether he is tough, or quick, enough for the PL remains to be seen. If he is, he will be a star here.
He has barely played far too early to form an opinion other than "he hasn't hit the ground running" but there's plenty of mitigating circumstances for that.

I don't think he'll be a dud, I think I was just scarred by the whole Charlie thing so it's been nagging at me.

Maybe it is unrealistic expectations because he comes with a big price tag, big reputation and also there is some hurt going on from Grealish.

It's also worth mentioning that Ashley Young MK1 was woeful in his first few games after he joined, but that turned out well in the end.

I don't think he'll be a dud, I think I was just scarred by the whole Charlie thing so it's been nagging at me.

Maybe it is unrealistic expectations because he comes with a big price tag, big reputation and also there is some hurt going on from Grealish.

It's also worth mentioning that Ashley Young MK1 was woeful in his first few games after he joined, but that turned out well in the end.
Sort of , I was glad when he went , his diving had become embarrassing to me

Buendia has been proven to be dispensable so far. His jaunt to sit on the bench in Argentina has disrupted his integration into the team. I hope he’s noticed.

Overweight, unfit, lightweight, falls over, slow, ponderous in possession . Throws his arms in the air like its everyone else. The latter which I saw in his first game and said I hope its frustration with himself. It isn't its blaming others .

Better than Grealish though.

Like I said when he signed I will judge every player when they pull on the Claret and blue and not before . And so far regardless of whatever formation he has played in , given the build up , overall he has been bloody dreadful.

Last edited:
Overweight, unfit, lightweight, falls over, slow, ponderous in possession . Throws his arms in the air like its everyone else. The latter which I saw in his first game and said I hope its frustration with himself. It isn't its blaming others .

Better than Grealish though.

Like I said when he signed I will judge every player when they pull on the Claret and blue and not before . And so far, given the build up , overall he has been bloody dreadful.

Sad to say, but I agree completely.

Throws his arms in the air like its everyone else.

To be fair mate Dougie was doing exactly the same tonight but I'd put it down to frustration for the both of them , even Mings had one of his melt downs and started having a pop at anyone around him .

Lets pray after a couple of nights sleep they all come back sleeping bag buddys :ban: :fish:

Embarrassing to think he's our record signing. He looks totally out of his depth at this level. A total waste of £35m or whatever it was

I’ve given Buendia time and not pounced on his early performances. There’s a promising player in there, but he needs to raise his game up a level.

He is a smaller player and that will be to his disadvantage but he has things he can do to tweak his game to make himself a lot more effective.

The biggest frustration I have with him is the risk of his passing. I don’t want to say he has to play a safe backwards or sideways ball all the time, but too often in the middle of the park his passes are being intercepted.

I’ve no problems with 50/50 chances in the final third which either create a chance or get snuffed out, but too often we are finding Buendia and the ball isn’t finding one our players’ feet or he’s playing a ball to a crowded player or in a bad position.

It’s back to basics for Emi2, once he does the basics he’ll find a magical pass or get a magical goal.

I think he’ll do well here in a much less clueless set up, doesn’t excuse the lack of quality he showed yesterday but I still hold hope that he will become a good player for us.

I think he's been weak feeble and moans a lot. Good players can play anywhere and still look good players, at the moment he's being outshone by Jacob Ramsey who apparently is not very good blah blah blah.
I think the highlights of him at Norwich must have been his total involvement Steven Ireland mk2 at the moment a motd player as one Man City fan I spoke to called him as he looked good in highlights.

His main problem is we've bought him on what he did for Norwich in a 4321 system and can't fit him into our 433

Still have high hopes, certainly not the player he looked for Norwich, hopefully something clicks at some point. Definitely got some great touches and has put a few chances on the table for strikers, but has soooo much further to go, at the moment, disappointing for sure.

Still have high hopes, certainly not the player he looked for Norwich, hopefully something clicks at some point. Definitely got some great touches and has put a few chances on the table for strikers, but has soooo much further to go, at the moment, disappointing for sure.
No one is looking much cop in this system are they? I'd like to judge Buendia when he gets more of a run of games under a competent tactical set up.

No one is looking much cop in this system are they? I'd like to judge Buendia when he gets more of a run of games under a competent tactical set up.

Totally agree. Gary Neville last night said it is too complicated and (to paraphrase) 'I can't get my head around how you would do training for that system'. (And to be fair, he laughed at himself saying something like, then again, I couldn't coach 442)

Bought a player who has only ever played wide or as a 10 and we're trying to jam him into central midfield. It isn't working and it won't work.

Ask anyone who our most creative players are. They'd probably say Buendia, Bailey, Traore. None will fit into the current system. No good having 2 strikers if you can't supply them.

I could just about accept the 3 at the back formation that I've always hated when Bailey and Traore were out. I'd still have played with a front 3 if I'd been picking the team but I can see why Smith went with it. If we're still lining up like that next weekend I'll be extremely pissed off.

Maybe . And in my somewhat scathing post I was not writing him off . I was talking the here and now of this season not what he did at Norwich in the EFL or Premier league. And I say maybe because the system isn't making him slow, sloppy , lightweight and all the basic fundamentals of a top level player which he has lacked so far with us. He was blowing first half last night. He doesn't look fit.. He looks overweight quite frankly.