The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

How is it weak management? We can't compel them to stay. We can fine or suspend them thats it and guess what they'll still go but they'll just be bitter and cause disharmony. Nobody wants them suspended either they'll just miss more games.

TBH its the sort of thing that won't even matter two weeks after the game. Christ we could win the game and immediately it will be irrelevant. We're all worked up over a very temporary issue and inferring all sorts of nonsense because we don't agree with it.

Contrary to popular belief here we can't even fine them. The PL 'agreement' is in house and outside of the laws of the game, it would never stand up and could well void the contract.

Fergie used to control these situations; Liverpool have not released Salah and Firminio, Cavanni not left Carrington. We are weak in comparison.

Somebody should tell Liverpool then.

But he's still milling with a potentially infected party now - this is the madness of it all with people playing politics, I'm not seeing a difference, particularly as our infection rates are higher now than most red list countries anyway I think.

And it's also a fair point worth remembering that when it comes to Salah et al, they are also off for a month in January for the AFCON, so if they do stick to this invented PL 'rule' it's highly likely they are doing so in light of that as a trade off.

Under rules published by Brazil’s health regulator Anvisa, visitors who have been in the UK in the 14 days before entering Brazil must quarantine for 14 days on arrival. The plot thickens

So does that mean our players come back or have they already made it to Brazil and now sitting in quarantine?

You won't get a bigger shitshow than this when it comes to international call ups. I totally get our players wanting to be involved, even if they don't play it's sort of a foot in the door type thing. I do find their headstrongness on going a bit irritating but I can accept it.

What is clear is that Argentinian football is run by utterly thick ***** and that Lionel Scaloni is a fucking tosser.

So does that mean our players come back or have they already made it to Brazil and now sitting in quarantine?

You won't get a bigger shitshow than this when it comes to international call ups. I totally get our players wanting to be involved, even if they don't play it's sort of a foot in the door type thing. I do find their headstrongness on going a bit irritating but I can accept it.

What is clear is that Argentinian football is run by utterly thick ***** and that Lionel Scaloni is a fucking tosser.
Is that the reason Dougie wasn't called up because he plays in England?

One would imagine. So then our club hardly had its fingers on the pulse on this one.

That's my train of thought, I think us and Spurs have been made to look stupid by players and the Argentian FA. Surely someone asked or knew why Dougie wasn't called up

That's my train of thought, I think us and Spurs have been made to look stupid by players and the Argentian FA. Surely someone asked or knew why Dougie wasn't called up
Clearly our club doesn't employ garden variety idiots so people would have surely connected the dots so there must be something we are missing.

Ultimately we have a Brazilian international and we would be aware of the situation in Brazil and the quarantine rules. We would have obviously been aware of two Argentine internationals being called up with one of those games in Brazil. We still gave these players 'permission' despite this prior knowledge, the players 'force' their call ups despite likely been given this prior information. The Argentine FA would have known the situation in Brazil and how this would impact players based in the UK.

I really do not get what is going on here it has to be said. I don't think anyone comes out of this looking good.

For 14 days ? Then they would need a further 10 days quarantine either in the UK or a non RED country before entering the UK ?? That could take it through to Mon 28th Sept.

Last edited:
It’s difficult to comment on something I know nothing about and hasn’t fully played out yet. I know this is changing the habit of a life time but in this case I’d like to see the end result!