The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

Unbelievably poor last night. Probably the worst player on the night , and that took some doing.
It reminded me of his debut at Watford, slow, poor control and passing, easily dispossessed, petulant and sulky . He hasn't improved much if at all.

we can't play him as a number 8 as we never line up like that, he has played in a 2 behind the main striker. We just don't have that in our locker but in saying that good footballers can play anywhere and hit the ground running.
All this gelling is absolute nonsense.

Say I accept that as true there are still cascading issues with the whole setup. I would say all but the elite hit the ground running. David Silva didnt at City. There is a player in there, I am not having that there isnt. Just last week we were saying he was one of our best players in the exact same position.

Say I accept that as true there are still cascading issues with the whole setup. I would say all but the elite hit the ground running. David Silva didnt at City. There is a player in there, I am not having that there isnt. Just last week we were saying he was one of our best players in the exact same position.
I thought he was OK first half against Wolves but considering how much he cost he's been no better than Jacob Ramsey who is 20 and came through the youth system, in fact, he hasn't been a good as Jacob. He obviously hasn't impressed Argentina set up either.
Dean is picking enough out of form players at the moment without trying to fit him as well.
I don't care what he did for Norwich in the Championship he's a Villa player now and has to earn his place on merit not stats or size of fee paid

I have a dream. It's Buendia pulling off a killer pass that cuts through the opposition midfield to find an Ollie who's drifted away from the defenders and is already on the move. It actually happened in pre-season.

We didn't get anywhere near that last night. To give Arsenal some credit they dominated both midfield and defence. I still don't think they're that good but they had a game plan which overwhelmed us. Our whole midfield needed to be at a different level. Buendia has potential, but on its own its nowhere near enough.

Play him where he is most effective, and in a system that is solid enough to support that style of play.

Either wide right so he can cut inside or deliver from the flanks, or sat just behind Ings between the lines with the job of playing him through.

I thought he was OK first half against Wolves but considering how much he cost he's been no better than Jacob Ramsey who is 20 and came through the youth system, in fact, he hasn't been a good as Jacob. He obviously hasn't impressed Argentina set up either.
Dean is picking enough out of form players at the moment without trying to fit him as well.
I don't care what he did for Norwich in the Championship he's a Villa player now and has to earn his place on merit not stats or size of fee paid
He should be dropped for the West Ham game but I seriously doubt he will be . We will need some physicality in the team for this game.

Play him where he is most effective, and in a system that is solid enough to support that style of play.

Either wide right so he can cut inside or deliver from the flanks, or sat just behind Ings between the lines with the job of playing him through.

I don't think he has the pace or skill to play wide in the premier league I think he plays behind Ings or nothing. He can't play wide in our system anyway as Watkins needs to play somewhere and Bailey will play wide on the other side when he isn't out with a stubbed toe. But apparently it's not about systems anyway. In the end he's just a player who did well for Norwich in the championship and is now trying to play at a higher level every week.

Nope. Not really having that . Just because he has maybe not played in his supposed best position how has that accounted for slack passing, poor control, falling over lots and a complete lack of physicality. And a blaming attitude of throwing hands up in the air like it’s everyone else.

Yes we all want him to succeed but let’s not be blinded to the fact that he has been a huge disappointment which could not actually be due to being played in the wrong position (whatever that is).

We will see.

Extremely disappointed to see Buendia looking shite. I could not wait for us to sign him. We need to give him one full season at least to judge him.

Nope. Not really having that . Just because he has maybe not played in his supposed best position how has that accounted for slack passing, poor control, falling over lots and a complete lack of physicality. And a blaming attitude of throwing hands up in the air like it’s everyone else.

Yes we all want him to succeed but let’s not be blinded to the fact that he has been a huge disappointment which could not actually be due to being played in the wrong position (whatever that is).

We will see.
Spot on mate, as I've said good players slot in anywhere. At the end of the day, he's nearly 25 and a professional footballer, not a 17-year-old kid.
I didn't buy into the hype and youtube highlights like the majority so I guess I'm more at peace with him not being better than JG or SJM rolled into one.

We will see.

Don't get me wrong, I agree he's been a massive disappointment so far and all the criticisms you listed are spot on.

Its just going forward I'd like to see him played where he's more proven (and in the PL) that he can be effective.

Otherwise what the fuck has Dean bought him for?

Don't get me wrong, I agree he's been a massive disappointment so far and all the criticisms you listed are spot on.

Its just going forward I'd like to see him played where he's more proven (and in the PL) that he can be effective.

Otherwise what the fuck has Dean bought him for?
I think it's more of a case that he was bought for Dean to be honest.