The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 41 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

Amen. Take El Ghazi's penalties away and his record is poor. Very very poor.

I don't think you are allowed to do that. both Anwar and Buendia have moments of brilliance and moments to forget in the same games, consistently yep they are youtube highlights players like Stevie Ireland

I don't think you are allowed to do that. both Anwar and Buendia have moments of brilliance and moments to forget in the same games, consistently yep they are youtube highlights players like Stevie Ireland
You can't take moments away, but being able to take a penalty will of course inflate your goal contribution stats massively. Buendia is another magnitude more influential player than El Ghazi already in games and by the end of the season we won't be able to mention them in the same breath.

You can't take moments away, but being able to take a penalty will of course inflate your goal contribution stats massively. Buendia is another magnitude more influential player than El Ghazi already in games and by the end of the season we won't be able to mention them in the same breath.

I hope you're right mate at the moment all we have to suggest that is his inflated transfer fee, some great touches yesterday and also some diabolical passes to the first man in about equal numbers. In saying that that's why he's at Aston Villa and not Man City or Liverpool. He also wasn't alone yesterday they we all doing the same

Was Ireland even good enough to count as a YouTube player? One of the worst signings in football history.

Re Emi 2, he’s getting there. I’m seeing more and more with each game, but there’s no doubt he’s been hugely underwhelming so far. For the thick end of 40 million quid, he should have really had more of an immediate impact.

At the moment he's a player who well, only delivers in moments, but in those moments you can see genuine quality in terms of his vision and technique. Where he needs to improve is simply his consistency within matches, for each top quality moment he's giving the ball away with a stupid pass.

Personally I'm confident that under SG he will get there, the key is getting his fitness a lot better, which SG will drill into everyone. From there it's a matter of more confidence/ belief in himself and players around him making better runs and frankly finding the very good runs he himself makes in the box.

I think of all of our big money signings in the summer Buendia will be the one to emerge as the best. I appreciate for nearly £40m people want instant delivery but it doesn't always work like that and it doesn't necessarily mean he will be a waste of money over the longer run.

Ireland was terrible for us and Buendia’s on a whole other level. He’s beginning to use his body strength, shoulders, arms, to hold posssion better now and he sees opportunities in split seconds, looks for one twos all the time and is a massive upgrade on what we’ve had before. Patience while he settles in that’s all.

A lot of people see his petulance, out bursts and arm-waving as being a negative, but I just think it shows that he's passionate and wants to do well here.

I'd much rather have someone who is visibly disappointed rather than some no-mark 'I don't care' attitude that's been displayed by some of our other illustrious past signings such as N'Zogbia and Ireland who sponged a living off of us. At the very least those outbursts shows that he wants to do better for himself, and expects better from those around him, and that's not a bad thing.

TBF, the visual disappointment that I also saw in Bailey when he came off against Man City also makes me think that he's determined to come good despite what was some really poor decision making in that game.

Ireland was terrible for us and Buendia’s on a whole other level. He’s beginning to use his body strength, shoulders, arms, to hold posssion better now and he sees opportunities in split seconds, looks for one twos all the time and is a massive upgrade on what we’ve had before. Patience while he settles in that’s all.
Mate, our cat would have been better for Villa than Ireland

A lot of people see his petulance, out bursts and arm-waving as being a negative, but I just think it shows that he's passionate and wants to do well here.

I said in the Watford thread that I was fine with the outbursts as he did down there if its frustration but wouldn't want to see it much more as its not a good look. And he needs to put energy into winning the ball back and not waste it being stroppy.

3 months later he is still doing it.

Needs to stop.

Last edited: