The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 39 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

I read the ball was in play 49 minutes in our games this season the lowest in the prem, Man city being around 60 mins and the average is 54mins. So we are slightly lower than average based on that average we had the ball for 18 mins out of the 94

or we should play 41 mins of added time every game
Shocking :shake:

Think this should be brought up at the fan forum re VFM

Some genius moments from him again tonight plus a full game - for once - and a fair bit of graft I thought. A couple of serious 30 yard sprints into clear space early on but nobody found him with the ball when they really should have - perhaps Sanson can help fix that.

I think that game will have done him the world of good, in the same way that full games are helping Marv find his feet.

Some genius moments from him again tonight plus a full game - for once - and a fair bit of graft I thought. A couple of serious 30 yard sprints into clear space early on but nobody found him with the ball when they really should have - perhaps Sanson can help fix that.

I think that game will have done him the world of good, in the same way that full games are helping Marv find his feet.
Shows us that we can’t just write players off on the back of a couple of performances. None of these players are shite, let’s just hope SG can mould them and the team.

Against almost any other team I feel he'd have come out with an assist or a goal. Still work to do but that has to be his benchmark with a view to cleaning some of his sloppier passes and touch's. Between his input in the goal last week and some of his incisive passes tonight it looks like he's improving and also getting on the same page as his teammates.

If we can get him on the ball more around the box , then we will see the best of him . That pass to Anwar on Saturday and the ball through to Chucky last night being perfect examples.

Being able to open up defences like that and see a pass is something we haven't had for a while.

Some head to head stats from last nights game (courtesy of Who Scored).

Buendia vs. Silva
Total Shots: 2 vs. 1
Possession %age: 3 vs. 3.9
Touches: 38 vs. 51
Pass Success %age: 93 vs. 81
Dispossessed: 1 vs. 3

There is a player in here, just need to see him more often!

Buendia vs. Silva

Yeah. All very well.

Silva - 1 goal

Ladies and gentlemen that closes the case for the prosecution.

Exciting performance. Did the basics right for the most part (caught in possession a couple of times but City's press is terrifying), and threw in a few *chef's kiss* moments as well. Deserved an assist when Ederson saved from Carney.

He was the architect of both of our clear-cut chances. Some of his neat through balls are fantastic.

He just needs to relax in possession - but some of that will come once the team is more familiar with the system. I like Buendia a lot. Remember, we were writing Nakamaba off a few weeks ago, but also always in the right system, with the right instructions and some confidence, he now looks like a new player.

Buendia vs. Silva

hopefully City will see those stats and swap him for JG jobs a good un

No one thought he was better than Grealish. One is a £100m player, the most of any player in Britain, our best player for decades, the other is a £35m player who has done very well but at a lesser club. Buendia is taking longer to adapt than hoped but he has shown he is capable of being a highly creative player whilst at Norwich and has shown glimpses of his quality here, just not sustained enough yet. I believe we signed him to play with Grealish, not instead of him, so the goalposts have been shifted since he signed and we haven’t yet worked out how to play him since.

I‘m not going to trawl back and look or name anyone as I know what I read and when there were posts saying Buendia’s stats were better when both he and YKW were playing in the premier league that season. What interpretation am I to put on it ?.

As GGS said in answer to @Beovilla in the Leicester thread there were people saying it so it isn’t just me I’m afraid.

Last edited:
I‘m not going to trawl back and look or name anyone as I know what I read and when there were posts saying Buendia’s stats were better when both he and YKW were playing in the premier league that season then what interpretation am I to put on it ?.

As GGS said in answer to @Beovilla in the Leicester thread there were people saying it so it isn’t just me I’m afraid.

The stats were better, but by saying that it doesn't necessarily mean the same as saying he's a better player.

The stats were better, but by saying that it doesn't necessarily mean the same as saying he's a better player.

Yup, I can only speak for myself here as someone who talked about a better assist/goal contribution from Emi, but in no way did I mean overall a better player than Jack - just someone with a better end product.