The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 32 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

I disagree mate. The general feeling I get is he is not being written off but expression of huge disappointment as to his start to life in B6.

And the problem is exactly what you highlighted. He has been built up and up and it was completely over the top when it was based on playing for a wank Norwich side, youtube and Norwich fans. Read through the earlier part of this thread . Is it any wonder that we all have high expectations. It was like the second coming. This is what happens nowadays people think they know because its all out there in stats, social media and alike It is always best to see players in the flesh and in the Claret and blue before waxing lyrical in my humble.
I think you're actually agreeing with me... :unsure::hmmm::whist:

No. If you are saying people have written him off then I am not agreeing with you. If you are saying people are stating he has been a disappointment so far then we agree.
Definitely didn't say people were writing him off - just observing the massive change of tune on this forum after barely a handful of games.... I was one of the "dissenters" when so many people were clamouring to sign him, mostly because of his disciplinary record and temper tantrums. But now he's a Villa player I'll definitely give him benefit of some more time before judging....

Definitely didn't say people were writing him off - just observing the massive change of tune on this forum after barely a handful of games.... I was one of the "dissenters" when so many people were clamouring to sign him, mostly because of his disciplinary record and temper tantrums. But now he's a Villa player I'll definitely give him benefit of some more time before judging....

Nobody has written him off, just stating facts that he's been absolute crap so far and certainly needs to up his game.
Doesn't deserve to be starting based on what he did at Norwich which is obviously why so may still think he should start.

Not quite sure what all the flapping on here is about. He was shit against Arsenal, but to my eyes they all were. I've seen a couple of games so far where he has played some lovely, very dangerous passes with vision that we couldn't even imagine over the last couple of years. It's exactly what we have been begging for. If he starts doing that consistently, we'll be laughing.

He's off the pace that's for sure, but I have no worries about him getting there in a bit of time. We're talking about him like he is the new Nzogbia, and there's nothing to suggest that's the case from what I can see.

If we're talking value, 35 mil ain't all that anymore either. It is what a decent squad player costs nowadays, not what will buy you the next Messi.

I'm more concerned about other player's - Targett and Watkins being shadows of last year for example. Still confident they'll hit their stride again though. We know what they are capable of.

Nobody has written him off, just stating facts that he's been absolute crap so far and certainly needs to up his game.
Doesn't deserve to be starting based on what he did at Norwich which is obviously why so may still think he should start.
Did you think he was absolute crap against Wolves? I thought he played well. Quite liked his goal against Brentford too. I think he was a great signing, did at the time and still do. I’m more concerned about the crap team selection and game approach.

Did you think he was absolute crap against Wolves? I thought he played well. Quite liked his goal against Brentford too. I think he was a great signing, did at the time and still do. I’m more concerned about the crap team selection and game approach.
I thought he was ok the first half against Wolves with a few nice touches but like McGinn, he gives the ball away cheaply. Scored a good goal against Brentford but so did Ramsey last week against Arsenal. So to me, he's no better than Ramsey at the moment. It's just the fact he's our record signing so therefore must be good or better than what we already have.

I'm not writing him off but based on his showing for us he's at best a misfit, I don't see a player we build a team around and if we do we'll be relegated like Norwich.
A good puff of wind blows him over but we were assured he was the best tackler best passer best thing since sliced bread for Norwich.
Needs to start showing it or he'll be sitting watching from the bench as we can't hang around whilst he waves his arms about like Ross Barkley last season.

Yeah I wouldn't write him of just yet either but you can tell pretty quickly these days what a player is going to be and what he isn't. Gone are the days when a player takes 2 or 3 seasons and you see an improvement most seem to plateau at a certain level. Benteke for example is still the exact same player he was when he left Liverpool. Buendia will be a decent player for us but nothing more and maybe a better manager would get a bit more out of him.

I like him, he's going to be awesome for us, has done some lovely touches and passes already, looks like he's just needing more time to settle and for the manager to find the best formation to suit him (and everyone else)
Poor fucker's been coached by Daniel Farke up until now as well, so imagine the wonders we can do with him.

I saw a clip of Neil Maupay sitting on the Brighton bench, he was too expensive at 20m now we have his twin brother for nearly double that.
Twins

Needs to lay off the empanadas. This guys fitness is beyond a joke. Lacks professionalism. Very disappointed with this signing.