The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

Go 433/4231 with him at the top of the midfield. Hopefully he'll have more support around him then. Bailey one wing and Traore the other. Up top go either of the 2. We all know theres a player in there with Buendia, we just need to find a way to get the best out of him. I think once we do the whole team will benefit.

Whatever is being said, no way he is worth anywhere near what we paid, far too lightweight as well as lacking the ability to play a 10 yard pass. He did well last season in the Championship, however, when he played a season for Norwich in the Prem, he had no assists & no goals!!!

Not down solely to him that they went down, but, fair to say he did little or nothing to help their cause & he's doing nothing to help ours. Can't see us getting close to what we paid for him.

Whatever is being said, no way he is worth anywhere near what we paid, far too lightweight as well as lacking the ability to play a 10 yard pass. He did well last season in the Championship, however, when he played a season for Norwich in the Prem, he had no assists & no goals!!!

Not down solely to him that they went down, but, fair to say he did little or nothing to help their cause & he's doing nothing to help ours. Can't see us getting close to what we paid for him.

He did score a goal for Norwich I believe but certainly not a 35m player, he's like one of those "wins" you have on eBay, where you get in a frenzied bidding war with another person and gazump them right at the last second, do a lap of the living room punching the air, then realise you didn't really need it that much after all and could have got a new one for an extra fiver.

Was it only a year or so, or less, that many were demanding he be bought? How times change. OK he may be looking weaker due to a ruined pre-season and still be settling in, but this is a player that was being demanded. Bit more patience maybe? I remember the first games of Pablo Angel including a dreadful miss at Derby, but he did OK in the end?

He did well last season in the Championship, however, when he played a season for Norwich in the Prem, he had no assists & no goals!!!

Disappointing so far for us, admittedly. But PL in 19/20: 1 goal, 7 assists. Not spectacular, but he was in a very poor Norwich side.

He did score a goal for Norwich I believe but certainly not a 35m player, he's like one of those "wins" you have on eBay, where you get in a frenzied bidding war with another person and gazump them right at the last second, do a lap of the living room punching the air, then realise you didn't really need it that much after all and could have got a new one for an extra fiver.
Have you forgotten the one he scored for us? 😂. Come on, no one moaned when were beating Wolves 2-0 when he was subbed. This is a quality player and how anyone can judge him or any of the others in that Smith created shambles against Arsenal I don’t know.

He actually had 7 assists in his season in the PL for Norwich.
I think what most people were pinning their hopes on was he ranked 4th for most key passes that season. Its not a stat I have much time for as just like key chances created, it is down to the interpretation of who is recording these stats and you are also reliant on the player you are passing it to, to some extent.
He's been a bit disappointing so far, but way too early to write him off. He played the vast majority of his games for Norwich coming in off the right, so maybe we would get more out of him there

I don't really know what a "£35m player" is these days to be honest. Watkins will cost us £33m and can barely control the ball right now. Joelinton was signed for £40m, Wesley signed for like £25m or whatever is was. On the other side Martinez cost under £20m and is probably one of the best in the business, Marhez and Kante cost Leicester a pittance etc.

I think Buendia is a good player who at his best dribbles very well, can unlock defences with a through ball and can score goals. We lack this in the side. He is however yet to be deployed in a position where we can get the best out of him and from his side he doesn't appear to be fit enough at this stage and needs to do a lot to improve that.

I'm 100% not going write this guy off at this stage, a entire season like this and it might be a different story.

The bigger issue for me is Smith not appearing to know what to do with some of our biggest summer signings.

I don't really know what a "£35m player" is these days to be honest. Watkins will cost us £33m and can barely control the ball right now. Joelinton was signed for £40m, Wesley signed for like £25m or whatever is was. On the other side Martinez cost under £20m and is probably one of the best in the business, Marhez and Kante cost Leicester a pittance etc.

I think Buendia is a good player who at his best dribbles very well, can unlock defences with a through ball and can score goals. We lack this in the side. He is however yet to be deployed in a position where we can get the best out of him and from his side he doesn't appear to be fit enough at this stage and needs to do a lot to improve that.

I'm 100% not going write this guy off at this stage, a entire season like this and it might be a different story.

The bigger issue for me is Smith not appearing to know what to do with some of our biggest summer signings.

I'm not writing him off but based on his showing for us he's at best a misfit, I don't see a player we build a team around and if we do we'll be relegated like Norwich.
A good puff of wind blows him over but we were assured he was the best tackler best passer best thing since sliced bread for Norwich.
Needs to start showing it or he'll be sitting watching from the bench as we can't hang around whilst he waves his arms about like Ross Barkley last season.

People are saying he was better or as good as Joe Greasy in our promotion season. That's fair enough but Joe upped his game in the Prem and the rest is history. What we need to know now is can Buendia do the same and up his game. If not, then he's going to become a very expensive flop.

For the best part of two years there was a constant ad-nauseum theme on these boards that we should sign Buendia (even more than the Birmingham Mail coverage of Rashica). Continuous posts about how good he was, how he had better stats than Grealish, the type of quality player we should be signing if we want to get to the next level. On and on it went.
Now, after less than 10 games of the new season, in which he has played less than half of them, he is being labeled as too lightweight, an expensive flop, a player without a position etc. etc.
The mind boggles....

For the best part of two years there was a constant ad-nauseum theme on these boards that we should sign Buendia (even more than the Birmingham Mail coverage of Rashica). Continuous posts about how good he was, how he had better stats than Grealish, the type of quality player we should be signing if we want to get to the next level. On and on it went.
Now, after less than 10 games of the new season, in which he has played less than half of them, he is being labeled as too lightweight, an expensive flop, a player without a position etc. etc.
The mind boggles....

I disagree mate. The general feeling I get is he is not being written off but expression of huge disappointment as to his start to life in B6.

And the problem is exactly what you highlighted. He has been built up and up and it was completely over the top when it was based on playing for a wank Norwich side, youtube and Norwich fans. Read through the earlier part of this thread . Is it any wonder that we all have high expectations. It was like the second coming. This is what happens nowadays people think they know because its all out there in stats, social media and alike It is always best to see players in the flesh and in the Claret and blue before waxing lyrical in my humble.

I disagree mate. The general feeling I get is he is not being written off but expression of huge disappointment as to his start to life in B6.

And the problem is exactly what you highlighted. He has been built up and up and it was completely over the top when it was based on playing for a wank Norwich side, youtube and Norwich fans. Read through the earlier part of this thread . Is it any wonder that we all have high expectations. It was like the second coming. This is what happens nowadays people think they know because its all out there in stats, social media and alike It is always best to see players in the flesh and in the Claret and blue before waxing lyrical in my humble.
As GM Villan said, your’re drawing conclusions after a handful of games.