The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

The league announced on August 25 that it had ‘reluctantly and unanimously’ agreed to prevent players from travelling to red list countries, including Argentina.

The situation means Liverpool stars Mo Salah and Roberto Firmino will not be able to represent their nations. Leeds winger Raphinha, who recently received his first call-up to the Brazil team, will also miss out.

However, Villa acted in defiance by allowing Buendia and Martinez to leave. They should return to the starting lineup for the club’s fixture against Chelsea in the Carabao Cup on September 22.

I see it from both sides. Emi1 was desperate to play for Argentina (that is on the record) I assume Emi2 is the same. We'd have a couple of very pissed off players had we told them that they can't go. Obviously the Argentine Coach is now being a knob head about all this but AVFC have been class again - they were in a catch 22 situation and neither option was going to please everyone. We'll just have to win the games without them and they'll have to fight for their places when they return.

The Premier League said they couldn't go though. that's the point, the club went against that ruling which strikes me as sheer lunacy.

The league announced on August 25 that it had ‘reluctantly and unanimously’ agreed to prevent players from travelling to red list countries, including Argentina.

The situation means Liverpool stars Mo Salah and Roberto Firmino will not be able to represent their nations. Leeds winger Raphinha, who recently received his first call-up to the Brazil team, will also miss out.

However, Villa acted in defiance by allowing Buendia and Martinez to leave. They should return to the starting lineup for the club’s fixture against Chelsea in the Carabao Cup on September 22.

Villa acted in defiance? Wasn’t it the case that Martinez and Buendia said they wanted to go anyway irrespective of what the league announced. So what could we do if that was the case? Lock them in a room for a fortnight? From what I can see we’ve tried to reach a compromise and irrespective of what eventually happens with the Argie coach demanding they stay, we won’t have two pissed off internationals on our books when they return. The club have managed a tricky situation as best they could.

Irrelevant Sil - the PL do not have that power and Villa aren't alone in letting players go - because they know we cannot stop them.

The Bolivia game is evening of 10 Sept.
So if they are made to stay for that the earliest they will be in Croatia is 12 Sept, 10 days there to avoid UK quarantine takes them to Weds 22 Sept which means the very earliest they could be back at Bodymoor will be Thurs 23 Sept so i'd say there's a good chance they will not only miss Chelsea and Everton but also ManU A on the 25th

Did we give them permission to go after they said they were going anyway, just to save face?
There is nothing Villa can do but say they gave permission and they know they'll be straight back in the team in the case of Martinez who is irreplaceable.
Marvelous has stayed because he has to fight for his Villa future whereas those two don't have to.
Something just doesn't ring right to me, the club never said a word until they'd already gone after Martinez tweet.

I understand all the different views and circumstances but I have to question who is the boss here the employees or their employers.

Something just doesn't ring right to me, the club never said a word until they'd already gone after Martinez tweet.

I understand all the different views and circumstances but I have to question who is the boss here the employees or their employers.
exactly what i have questioned , but it seems that for a few on here questioning anything that the club does is not acceptable , which is a shame . In this instance i am seeing player power walking all over AVFC and evidence of weak management

exactly what i have questioned , but it seems that for a few on here questioning anything that the club does is not acceptable , which is a shame . In this instance i am seeing player power walking all over AVFC and evidence of weak management

Players are untouchable and their contracts are worthless they just seem to do as they like and join who they like.

Players are untouchable and their contracts are worthless they just seem to do as they like and join who they like.
Fergie used to control these situations; Liverpool have not released Salah and Firminio, Cavanni not left Carrington. We are weak in comparison.

How is it weak management? We can't compel them to stay. We can fine or suspend them thats it and guess what they'll still go but they'll just be bitter and cause disharmony. Nobody wants them suspended either they'll just miss more games.

TBH its the sort of thing that won't even matter two weeks after the game. Christ we could win the game and immediately it will be irrelevant. We're all worked up over a very temporary issue and inferring all sorts of nonsense because we don't agree with it.

We're all worked up over a very temporary issue and inferring all sorts of nonsense because we don't agree with it.
Nonsense ? Temporary ? This could be a recurring issue as we go through the pandemic for a few years , and like i said it's "nonsense" because any sort of questioning of the club is out the window for a few on here . Sends a really mixed message out to the other players too.

Is it possible the players know who pay their wages, value their jobs at the clubs and don't want to cut their nose off

Of course it is - but we simply don't know.

Re: the previous post, I am certainly not saying you can't criticize the club but its just speculation. We all have differing opinions because what some see as weak is not what I see.

And I am always going to drag it back to first principles. I can't blame the players or the club or their country, it's the organizations forcing these fixtures through that are to blame. The players, clubs, and countries are stuck in a situation enforced upon them. They're all just doing what they think is right / making compromises.

This isn't the reason we have a squad but it is a reason nonetheless. I would infer that the club said you can't go, the players made their case and the club said fair enough but you're not going to walk back into the team. And they accepted that. There is clearly some sort of agreement in place, what other clubs have done doesn't matter, it's not relevant.

what other clubs have done doesn't matter, it's not relevant.
Nonsense. What other clubs in the Premier League have done and what the Premier League actually instructed as guidance have a direct bearing on the domestic competition AVFC play in and the clubs bread and butter.

Nonsense. What other clubs in the Premier League have done and what the Premier League actually instructed as guidance have a direct bearing on the domestic competition AVFC play in and the clubs bread and butter.

Thats simply not true, clearly the other clubs decisions to withhold their players has had no bearing on us or Spurs. The EPL "sanction" has had zero bearingon us either.

Raphina sitting at home in his Leeds dump means nothing to Emi1 and Emi2.

What we do affects us and us only. FIFA can still come in and sanction clubs for refusing the release players. As noted we've obviously come to some agreement, anything else is speculation.