The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

agree, whatever his strengths are then play to them. I honestly never watched Norwich games other than when we did the double over them 5-1 and 2-1 and i dont even remember Buendia playing, or Cantwell
Watford were aware of him Silhill and crowded him out, it's up to the others to give him space, not expect him to battle 3 of them.

I think there's a lot to come from him but as this stage he's still finding his feet and Smith is still trying to work out how to best play him.
That's the problem, do we build the side around him or try to fit him in with this 433 or 4213 Dean favours, we don't set up like Norwich.
Build a team around a player and he gets injured we are back to square one.
Saturday he was sharing the right side with SJM until Bidace came on then we reverted to Deans favoured set-up. ie a 4213 or sort of

Much better performance on Saturday. Early days obviously but lots to improve aswell to fill the void that ‘it’ has left. Although I do not expect him fill it as that just won’t happen and in truth and (if Purslow is to be believed) Emi2 is part of the 3 players bought to replace ‘it’. So it should be a team effort from now.

Would like to see him involved more and needs to get on the ball more . At one point in the first half a lad sitting by me said Emi2 had gone very quiet first half and forgot he was there. He was correct actually .

That's the problem, do we build the side around him or try to fit him in with this 433 or 4213 Dean favours, we don't set up like Norwich.
Build a team around a player and he gets injured we are back to square one.
Saturday he was sharing the right side with SJM until Bidace came on then we reverted to Deans favoured set-up. ie a 4213 or sort of
I think needs the ball more personally, some of that is tactics/ team mates getting used to him and some of that is him not being as confident at this stage. Let's be honest Villa is an enormous step up and the expectations are much higher than at Norwich so he's probably getting used to that too.

Smith needs to find a way to get not just the best out of him but also get Watkins and Ings firing in the same starting 11. Tricky but good problems to have.

I think needs the ball more personally, some of that is tactics/ team mates getting used to him and some of that is him not being as confident at this stage. Let's be honest Villa is an enormous step up and the expectations are much higher than at Norwich so he's probably getting used to that too.

Smith needs to find a way to get not just the best out of him but also get Watkins and Ings firing in the same starting 11. Tricky but good problems to have.
Yes as I said fitting him in is a problem because I'm pretty sure we'll have a front 3 of Ings Watkins and Bailey, that leaves him as the one in the hole

. Let's be honest Villa is an enormous step up and the expectations are much higher than at Norwich so he's probably getting used to that too.

100 percent this and said it last week.

Norwich in the championship v Aston Villa going into the season with Europe in mind. Huge difference.

Yes as I said fitting him in is a problem because I'm pretty sure we'll have a front 3 of Ings Watkins and Bailey, that leaves him as the one in the hole
Or as one of a flat midfield three with SJM and Luiz. He's an intelligent player and either could work though.

Lovely goal. Brilliant turn and brilliant run from Cash that drew the defenders slightly away giving Emi the space. Great finish. I'm liking what I've seen of him so far. He works hard as well.

We're definitely going to see some great stuff from him. Couple of lovely shuffles free from markers and nice vision for a few passes although his weighting was a little off. It'll come.

Better again. Don't need to say anything on the goal. Speaks for itself.

Needs to stop getting caught in possession then claiming a foul. 3 games the same
Nah mate. Not once seen you fouled yet it's ll your doing for dallying.

Cut that out he will be going places. Its not the championship it's so much quicker.

Lovely goal , few nice touches , i like the way he doesn't hide from wanting the ball. Still off the pace though and gets caught in possession and is quite easily dispossessed. He is inching himself better game by game though