The Climate Emergency | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Climate Emergency

You can of course pick out 'green' taxes in isolation or you can look at the bigger picture.

15th in the world; not bad. Funny I never saw China, USA or India on that list.

All you climate nutters, why don't you eff off to those parts and see if you can persuade them to join the effort. You know, the countries that are really contributing serious CO2?

You can of course pick out 'green' taxes in isolation or you can look at the bigger picture.

15th in the world; not bad. Funny I never saw China, USA or India on that list.

All you climate nutters, why don't you eff off to those parts and see if you can persuade them to join the effort. You know, the countries that are really contributing serious CO2?
China was always in the discussion during seminars on climate change and the astonishing amount of coal powered power stations they opened every week.
Naturally we were encouraged the self flagellate.

Good, I wouldn't mind another degree or five more though. S'pose I shouldn't be greedy.

I take it you do know that we have only been recording temperatures for less than a pebble on the beach of the earth's history.
Try these for a bit of heat with your salsa - Neoproterozoic Era, Cretaceous Hot Greenhouse, Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum

Oh yeah, if you want something a little more contemporary with 'humans' chilling in their cossies, check out the the Holocene Climate Optimum. I think that only finished cooling a couple of hundred years or so ago. Good luck pinning that one on the Industrial Revolution.

Oh look, we had all those periods yet here is the earth today.

Personally I'm more worried about real stuff like crime, illegal immigration, extremism and the economy; not whether the earth will get back to Holocene Climate Optimum levels or not.

Last edited:
There’s a gang going around nicking cars off driveways its on look north now. It’s nothing to do with impede and is lips glued to hot exhaust pipes brigade is it?

Well I’m cycling to scampton today. Haven’t cycled there since very early 1970s when the Lancaster and bouncing bomb near the main gate were still climbing frames.
I’ve dug my old ‘coal not dole’ banner B out for my protest.

Well I’m cycling to scampton today. Haven’t cycled there since very early 1970s when the Lancaster and bouncing bomb near the main gate were still climbing frames.
I’ve dug my old ‘coal not dole’ banner B out for my protest.
Don't forget to look over the hedge and see how the midfield is setting up for Saturday.

Don't forget to look over the hedge and see how the midfield is setting up for Saturday.
Here’s a snap shot of them.. they seem to be wearing concrete boots as they haven’t moved for ten minutes and it’s freezing
Sorry it won’t let me add a photo