The Championship Thread | Page 111 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

Bournemouth may be considering Tindall as new manager - Howe’s assistant.

With all the players they are likely to sell there could be a huge rebuild and that wage cap could really slow them down if it comes in.

They may have trouble selling Ibe and Solanke though.

£34m, Bournemouth spunked on those two. No wonder they got relegated.

Last edited:
Plenty of time to buy a big CD, a defensive midfielder, a midfield general, and four top quality strikers. One a week.
Can we have two CD’s please?
One who can mark and one with some pace?
and can we have a new RB to replace the one that’s leaving?
And can we have a couple of wingers or attacking midfielders who also have real pace AND can control a ball when they run with it?
On the plus side I think we can settle for just the 3 strikers but If we are going to challenge then we might need to be busier than one a week.

Im sure they are up to it though

Brentford start as favourites - they have won 73.81% of games this season when starting as favourites - that is a real stat by the way and not lifted from Vic Reeves

However teams finishing 3rd do not have a great record as far as being promoted is concerned - only 4 of the last 10 teams have managed to win the play offs and a mere 12 of the 33 finals since play offs were introduced in 1987

Fulham have a 50% record of winning games in which they were not favourites to do so.

Their head to head record against Brentford is not the best; they have won just 2 of the previous league meetings between the two sides with Brentford winning 6 times.

All of the Fulham @ 11/4 has now gone with various Bookmakers now going 13/5 (2.6/1) - Brentford are best priced at 6/5 with the draw quoted at 11/5 on the 90 minute market.

Brentford are quoted at 4/7 to get promoted with Fulham at 13/10, that equates to an 107% book for a two horse race which is miserly.

A better option may be the over and under market with over 2.5 goals generally quoted @ 11/8 but I would wait to see if Mitrovic is playing before having a bet.

I don't buy into this Brentford - BMW of Said Benrahma, Bryan Mbeumo and Ollie Watkins.

I'd rather have Mitrovic (if he plays). He's one of the best in England at backing into centre-halves, and I'd look for runners getting beyond him.

Fancy Fulham either way, just more if Mitro is involved.

I'd rather have Mitrovic (if he plays). He's one of the best in England at backing into centre-halves, and I'd look for runners getting beyond him.
Have you spoke to Bert chap? He will sort you out some runners and will be dropping off some parsnips at Cornflakes direct from the allotment shortly, so if you still need some give him a shout chap.

Have you spoke to Bert chap? He will sort you out some runners and will be dropping off some parsnips at Cornflakes direct from the allotment shortly, so if you still need some give him a shout chap.

Bert has just been round and emptied his sack on my doorstep chap. Cracking produce as always chap. He did mention that young Taylor had enquired about some runners. Apparently he hasn't got any money to buy them but has offered to trim Mildred's bush in lieu of payment.

Not sure how Apollyon will feel about being put out of a job chap!

Bert has just been round and emptied his sack on my doorstep chap. Cracking produce as always chap. He did mention that young Taylor had enquired about some runners. Apparently he hasn't got any money to buy them but has offered to trim Mildred's bush in lieu of payment.

Not sure how Apollyon
How was the parsnip and mayo sandwich chap?