The Carabao Cup Thread | Page 86 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread

I'm content with going to bed before the game starts. But, I know if I get up for a wee in the night I'll be looking at the score (or result, depending on the bladder). Just glad this is an evening kick off (3:30 a.m. for me, so no chance I'll be watching).

I'm content with going to bed before the game starts. But, I know if I get up for a wee in the night I'll be looking at the score (or result, depending on the bladder). Just glad this is an evening kick off (3:30 a.m. for me, so no chance I'll be watching).

I am sure there's an app that can ping you when we score. Though possibly by the time you actually got out of bed they would have equalized.

Lose-Lose these types of games.

Win 4- 0, meh, so you should.

Lose 1/2-0, even worse scenario than now.

Get thrashed and it’s a meltdown.

Suppose we can take a winning habit from this and perhaps Chambers, Sanson, Archer etc…all have really strong performances that maybe, fractionally, brings them into contention for the weekend.

C’mon then SG, you’ve mentioned wanting to win the cup, don’t balls it up.

I just remember waking up one morning in Japan, knowing we'd get beat against Chelsea, and seeing the 8-0 thing. What a way to wake up. That's a memory that's never going away.
feel glad you didn't go to the game, 23rd December remember it stone cold to the day. I walked out at 7-0 they still had time to score another and miss a pen. That's what happens when the players and management go out on the piss in London on a Saturday night as i witnessed (but thats another story)

I just remember waking up one morning in Japan, knowing we'd get beat against Chelsea, and seeing the 8-0 thing. What a way to wake up. That's a memory that's never going away.

Thanks for reminding me of that. I stopped watching at 5-0 and every time I went and checked the score they had scored another one. At 8-0 I just prayed for it to be over.

feel glad you didn't go to the game, 23rd December remember it stone cold to the day. I walked out at 7-0 they still had time to score another and miss a pen. That's what happens when the players and management go out on the piss in London on a Saturday night as i witnessed (but thats another story)

Didn't Guzan get MOTM as well in that one. How lambert survived that and losing to Bradford in the same season I'll never know..

Thanks for reminding me of that. I stopped watching at 5-0 and every time I went and checked the score they had scored another one. At 8-0 I just prayed for it to be over.
Only caught the last few minutes so saw 1 goal and the missed penalty then spent the rest of the night winding my mate up saying losing 1-0 was a great result considering the opposition. Only joy I took out of that day.

No nightmares tonight, Beovilla, HOPEFULLY.

When/if you put that story on another thread please let me/us know.

Last time Villa won this cup it kept me outta jail. Cemented my "fandom" for Aston Villa FC.