The Carabao Cup Thread | Page 176 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread

My thoughts on it all.

It was bloody dreadful. No one can argue otherwise, it was just, well, dreadful. From the prices, the journey there (roadworks galore), to the fact the club have locked proper fans out the ground in the rain, whilst the 'chosen few' can look out like a Roman Emporer on the Christians, to the attendance - which quite frankly, the club deserved all they got and boy was it satisfying to see it, the crap new video and music before (which seems to suggest winning the Play Off Final is something Real Madrid should envy us for !!), the HT 'entertainment' where the poor girl hsd to perform tricks Ronaldo and Messi would walk away from for being too hard, to win enough Reward Points to win a small plastic wallet to hold your ST in, to the atmosphere, which was 23k Villa fans thinking 'just get us out of here, whilst, fair play, Everton fans made some noise, to the ridiculous traffic bearing in mind the attendance, meaning we were still at a standstill outside that chip shop by Manon School at 10 to 11, to the motorway being shut - thus getting home at 0130.

All in all, it was shit !!!!

However, I, nor anyone I know, booed the team / manager that had just won 10 home games in a row, been better than every team bar one for the last year, and, had just had an off night

Those who did - you should be embarrassed and ashamed of yourself. We don't need you at Villa Park (unless you are willing to pay 120 to go in the Lower Grounds / Terrace View, and if you can - the club will bend over backwards for you !!!
Nice to see you back HL. 😀

Then l "graduated " to M+B Mild. Then playing the mighty Sir Robert Peel in a friendly in the Black Country, we ended up in a Bank's pub. My first pint of Bank's Mild. Followed quickly by a pint of Bank's bitter. Thought I'd died and gone to Brewery Heaven. Now, of course, l like a Glass or two of red wine, particularly after a Villa win.

Then l "graduated " to M+B Mild. Then playing the mighty Sir Robert Peel in a friendly in the Black Country, we ended up in a Bank's pub. My first pint of Bank's Mild. Followed quickly by a pint of Bank's bitter. Thought I'd died and gone to Brewery Heaven. Now, of course, l like a Glass or two of red wine, particularly after a Villa win.
Man's Brown and Mild that was a pint.

Villa in my blood but won't be exploited by owners who are taking the piss . How about actually win a major trophy before charging these prices you clowns.

I think Everton played okay in this game. Like the Polish side in the Euro game. As fans sometimes we need to recognise that sometimes the opposition play okay.

I think Everton played okay in this game. Like the Polish side in the Euro game. As fans sometimes we need to recognise that sometimes the opposition play okay.
I think as fans nowadays we have to realise what the priorities are for the club and players.

Fairly obvious after that today. It is what it's is.

Would that be the Robert Peel in Bloxwich by any chance? And the Banks pub The Bell on the corner by the lights? Remember them well if so from my time playing for the Whynot

On a fishing day out in Ironbridge in a Bonks boozer I asked gaffer for a pint of mild, when he pulled it I said I wanted Mild not Bitter. He said it is Mild. Couldn't believe how clear it was.