The Carabao Cup Thread | Page 63 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread

I am with those that said it previously, go for it. Might be the easiest way to reach European competition next year, even if it is rhe European Conference League. Finish in the top 10 and qualify for continental football. ... Progress.

Fcuking Sky. They really piss me off. So boring and predictable all the time with their live matches in the cup. Liverpool yawn . Predictable win . Yet there is Everton being held by QPR, Saints held by Sheff Utd, Watford drawing with Stoke. No imagination. Exciting games that don’t involve the Sky wankfest club. Who‘d have thought it.

They picked us in the last round. Wasn't moaning then were ya? :tongue:

I am with those that said it previously, go for it. Might be the easiest way to reach European competition next year, even if it is rhe European Conference League. Finish in the top 10 and qualify for continental football. ... Progress.
Are you saying go for it in the Carabao to reach Europe or top 10 in the league ?? Confused

Are you saying go for it in the Carabao to reach Europe or top 10 in the league ?? Confused
Go for it in the cup. If we need to rotate for Manure... fine. After Mike Dean was selected as referee we are already losing 1-0, as it is almost a guarantee they will get a PK. So we accept a loss at Man U.

That being said, i think we have a great chance at finishing top 10 but I think it will be a bridge to far to reach top 7 this year.

Win the C Cup (wouldn't it be something to beat a Grelish lead City in the final), finish 10, 9, or 8th in the league, and qualify for the European League Cup; That would be a storied season and clearly progress over last year.

The only way to win this game against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge is to play our strongest team and I will be bitterly disappointed if Dean Smith rotates far too many first-team players out.

What's the point of having your best players sitting on the bench ready to come on if things aren't going well and it's probably too late to change the result?

You either see this competition as a way of winning some long-overdue silverware or you don't.

It's over to you Deano?

What is our strongest side? We are now in a situation where we can debate that is leaving out players like Ings ,SJM Targett, and bringing in Buendia Marv and Young really fielding a weakened side? plenty of other players I could use as an example as well.
So when we say go as strong as possible it's pretty hard to field a weak team at the moment. Probably only right back and Keeper where we would struggle to replace like for like

Go for it in the cup. If we need to rotate for Manure... fine. After Mike Dean was selected as referee we are already losing 1-0, as it is almost a guarantee they will get a PK. So we accept a loss at Man U.

That being said, i think we have a great chance at finishing top 10 but I think it will be a bridge to far to reach top 7 this year.

Win the C Cup (wouldn't it be something to beat a Grelish lead City in the final), finish 10, 9, or 8th in the league, and qualify for the European League Cup; That would be a storied season and clearly progress over last year.
I think top 10 + a cup would be the perfect season. Not sure how realistic that is though… on either front. Yes I know I’m being a pessimist just think we’re in a little bit of a rebuilding phase this year.

In my opinion the league cup should just be a cup for those not in Europe, would definitely provide more excitement if there were 10-15 clubs including us who had a realistic chance of winning it.

Won yet have we.

200.gif

What is our strongest side? We are now in a situation where we can debate that is leaving out players like Ings ,SJM Targett, and bringing in Buendia Marv and Young really fielding a weakened side? plenty of other players I could use as an example as well.
So when we say go as strong as possible it's pretty hard to field a weak team at the moment. Probably only right back and Keeper where we would struggle to replace like for like

Yes he’s certainly got to play players like Steer, Hause, Marv, Traore, Ghazi, Young, Sanson, prob Buendia (that’s 8) this eve just to give them a game, then either experienced regulars or youth to fill in. So much better than we’ve had before but we’ll see how much we value the cup with the standard of the infills.

Yeah I agree. For instance I would now argue for Marv starting in place of Luiz or Ramsey yet Luiz and Ramsey are doing fine when they play. I have no idea what our strongest team is.

I think Chukwuemeka was training yesterday , so I reckon he may be involved at some point. Didn't see Bidace though so he may still be injured.

For those of you wondering where you can view the game tonight, there's an app called Live Football TV Euro that you can download to your Android phone or tablet etc. Looked on and there's 4-5 streams to choose from

Well 9 changes. Still a strong side. I would have liked to see Wadkins at least on the bench. He could use a little more game time to sharpen up