The Carabao Cup Thread | Page 62 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread

As mentioned above by a few, I'd love us to go strong and try and win our trophy back.

But even if we reach the final, you just know Man City will get there too, field a full strength team for the first tie in the tournament and then the officials will conspire to cheat us out of a win anyway.
And why can't we beat Man City JPA?

lu23s06f7t951.jpg

:shake:

Lol, we can, but as I said, the officials will conspire to cheat us out of it. See Vidic's non-sending off (I will never get over that decision by the fat bastard Dowd) and the phantom corner last time out against City.
This is the new, improved Villa, the Villa who won the FA Youth Cup :rocker:. I'm a strong believer that we'll start to get noticed soon and get our fair share of "decisions". The big six is only really a big four currently and there's a spot in there for one of footballs Grandees. This is our time.

Surely Chelsea will be putting out an entire 2nd string line up for this one, they seem fully focused on the PL and Champions League above everything else. I'd be tempted to go with a strong team and have a real go at them.

I agree and thats why we should go balls out and beat the twats.

Man City deem this competition important enough to keep fucking winning it.....

I see Chelsea have got Man City on Saturday followed by PSG on the Tues so we pick a strong line up on Weds and we'll have a great chance of progressing. No way many of their usual squad will be involved. We've realistically got 2 opportunities to win a trophy....let's go strong, keep the momentum from Saturday night and give ourselves a decent chance to progress. 26 years on from Sir Brian, it's about time we won the League cup again and with the squad we've now got, there's every chance we could.

Reckon DS will take the view that he has talents on the bench not playing and this is a great opportunity for them. We have youngsters dead keen for this opportunity, seniors who could easily have been playing on Saturday, and we need to keep the players who did play on Saturday fresh.

Reckon DS will take the view that he has talents on the bench not playing and this is a great opportunity for them. We have youngsters dead keen for this opportunity, seniors who could easily have been playing on Saturday, and we need to keep the players who did play on Saturday fresh.

I think it'll be a mix of starters, youth and the bench. I'd definitely look at Emi, Watkins, Martinez, Axel and Konsa to start with a mix of Sanson, Marv, Archer and Traore to start as well.

I think it'll be a mix of starters, youth and the bench. I'd definitely look at Emi, Watkins, Martinez, Axel and Konsa to start with a mix of Sanson, Marv, Archer and Traore to start as well.
I can see Hause getting a game here, especially if DS is planning to use him to replace the ineligible Axel v Manure at the weekend.

With our luck my concern would be injuries, now that we’re almost at full strength I’d like it to stay that way for the rest of the season.

Nice to see Carney and Bidace get a game in the cup.

It would be great for Archer to announce himself on the big stage. Like others I can see us giving game time to fringe and injury returnees. I think Steer will play and expect, Hause, Sanson, AEG, Nakamba and Young to start. If a couple of the youth players feature that wouldn't be a surprise.

If we were playing a team from a lower division, or looking like we will be in a relegation dogfight I'd play the likes of Archer, Marvelous, Sanson, El Ghazi to avoid risking injuries to the regular starters. But we look like being a mid-table team again to me, so may as well have a good crack at the cups. Its been a long time since we won something and about time that changed

For anyone going to the game make sure that you have a certificate of a recent Covid test and/or a double vaccination card.

I went to the CL match against Zenith as a guest of a mate last week and there were 3 checkpoints where the certificates were checked before you entered the ground. They were turning people away without the correct covid certificates.

For anyone going to the game make sure that you have a certificate of a recent Covid test and/or a double vaccination card.

I went to the CL match against Zenith as a guest of a mate last week and there were 3 checkpoints where the certificates were checked before you entered the ground. They were turning people away without the correct covid certificates.

Good .
Fair play to them .

Yes it was the same for our league game there as well.

Fcuking Sky. They really piss me off. So boring and predictable all the time with their live matches in the cup. Liverpool yawn . Predictable win . Yet there is Everton being held by QPR, Saints held by Sheff Utd, Watford drawing with Stoke. No imagination. Exciting games that don’t involve the Sky wankfest club. Who‘d have thought it.

Fcuking Sky. They really piss me off. So boring and predictable all the time with their live matches in the cup. Liverpool yawn . Predictable win . Yet there is Everton being held by QPR, Saints held by Sheff Utd, Watford drawing with Stoke. No imagination. Exciting games that don’t involve the Sky wankfest club. Who‘d have thought it.

I've put Gillette Soccer Special on. They show all the goals from all the ties as they go in.