The Cameron Archer Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Cameron Archer Thread

Bloody hell he's this season's Louie Barry :ROFLMAO:

We don't know what we want, we want to abandon the 3-5-2 but we also want to start Archer. You can have one or the other not both and tbh the only team I'd even consider starting him against is Norwich.

In all seriousness. I am not normally one for promoting the youngsters too early and scoff at the sometimes ott calls to promote (Louie Barry) .
However… Difficult to see what more he can do to get a start in my humble.

He does look exciting

It was ok him scoring goals against Barrow etc , but he did look the part against Chelsea as well.

Must be pushing for a place if Ings and Watkins keep misfiring.

The thing is he's doing it against men. In the Carabao and EFL Trophy he's coming up against real fully developed footballers and looking head and shoulders above them all.

The last kid we had do that was Jack on loan at Notts County.

From what I've seen of him,he's comfortable playing anywhere across a front 3 and if he can do that I'm sure Watkins could do similar. Also, after seeing said performances, I'm a little surprised that he hasn't received more minutes for the 1st team out wide when our main wingers were injured and we swapped back to a 4-3-3

It’s all about momentum and he’s on fire at the moment so he’s got to get a reasonable chance off the bench in the league soon. You never know where it could lead to next if he keeps it going.

In all seriousness. I am not normally one for promoting the youngsters too early and scoff at the sometimes ott calls to promote (Louie Barry) .
However… Difficult to see what more he can do to get a start in my humble.

It's never too early really look at Rooney. They've either got it or they haven't and the game is very much a young man's sport these days anyway and Archer is 19 so he is already getting on a bit. Throw more of them in I say. Louie Barry should not have went on loan at 18 years of age to a crap club like Ipswich either he and us would benefit more from him being on our bench and training with our first team.

It's never too early really look at Rooney. They've either got it or they haven't and the game is very much a young man's sport these days anyway and Archer is 19 so he is already getting on a bit. Throw more of them in I say. Louie Barry should not have went on loan at 18 years of age to a crap club like Ipswich either he and us would benefit more from him being on our bench and training with our first team.
Rooney was a full-blown Orc already at 17 and an absolute phenomenon. Louie still has a bit of growing to do.

If he's on the bench DS needs to start introducing him earlier. Give Bailey 60 minutes and Archer 30. Something like that. Or just drop Ings and Ollie and start him.

It’s not the existing strikers that’s the problem it’s providing them with some decent service. We’re not seriously saying he’s going to do better than Watkins or Ings, proven goal scorers, who hardly get a kick at the moment. I would say he’s better off where he is in terms of service received. His time will come.