The Cameron Archer Thread | Vital Football

The Cameron Archer Thread

Yep, he scored a wonderful goal and although he had a few good chances to get more, his movement and positioning made those chances possible. He isn’t the tallest, but he’s strong, quick and intelligent. I was impressed with his movement, strength and the shape he gave us defensively. Watching the game, it didn’t look like his second senior appearance against quality players in a big stadium.

We’ve all seen a lot of promising youngsters come through at Villa, many fizzle out or some make it elsewhere. There are 4 or 5 players in the squad with big squad numbers, who all look like they could make it, it’s unprecedented.

Last edited:
A little bit more composure last night and he'd have bagged a hattrick, the one he scored was the hardest of his 3 chances.
He came through and then disappeared only to reappear this season as something possessed.
Ollie Watkins will be looking over his shoulder should he go on one of his 8 games without a goal runs this season

We've got a potentially good striker here. That was one of the best headers I've seen in quite a while last night.

Really pleasantly surprised by him. I thought he was older than he actually is and assumed we'd be moving him along this summer after he didn't exactly set the world on fire at Solihull Moors. Thank god Dean Smith is in charge not me.

He must be so full of confidence right now having scored 4 in just 2 senior games, one of which against top opposition. He’s gone a little bit under the radar, but sometimes momentum and confidence is key, he’s had a chance in the first team and has taken it - most young players don’t even get that far. Hopefully he could be like Harry Kane, wasn’t necessarily identified as top prospect as a youth player but just continued to improve every time he was given a chance.

A little bit more composure last night and he'd have bagged a hattrick, the one he scored was the hardest of his 3 chances.
He came through and then disappeared only to reappear this season as something possessed.
Ollie Watkins will be looking over his shoulder should he go on one of his 8 games without a goal runs this season

He really should have scored the first, the second his touch really let him down but the balls to go for the little dinks is fantastic. He seems to have something which is much harder to teach and thats finding the space to begin with.

Spotted Archer years ago when he was in the youth teams. Maybe he just missed the upgrading of the youth setup when he was sent out on loan, hence the under the radar bit. But thankfully he was spotted in pre-season.

Spotted Archer years ago when he was in the youth teams. Maybe he just missed the upgrading of the youth setup when he was sent out on loan, hence the under the radar bit. But thankfully he was spotted in pre-season.
He played against Crewe 2 years ago in the league cup aged 17, he's sort of missed the cut with the new academy both he and JPB are now 19. Their youth year wasn't as good as last years but they are still at Villa which is very good for them and us