The Cameron Archer Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Cameron Archer Thread

I get what your saying , but if you watch Archer in the u21 you can see he relies on his midfield passing to him ie through balls wide crosses and strait to his feet so he then can do an outstanding charge on goal or just be in the box for the touch in .
Where will he get that with our current form and set up ?
Anyway I turely hope he gets more PL game time so he can get a feeling of what's to come in his career .

It doesn't just affect Archer. The strange thing about our 3-5-2 system is our attacks running into quicksand in the final third. It affects both Ollie and Ings. We need width. We need wingers. We need McGinn playing to our forwards not the opposition players.

Do that and we can afford to rotate our forwards a bit, including Archer.

Last edited:
It doesn't just affect Archer. The strange thing about our 3-5-2 system is our attacks running into quicksand in the final third. It affects both Ollie and Ings. We need width. We need wingers. We need McGinn playing top our forwards not the opposition players.

Do that and we can afford to rotate our forwards a bit, including Archer.

It makes sense when you've got 6 players not performing and at least 3 are pivotal to making it work (both wings backs and the attacking midfielder (Emi2)). To be fair I actually think Cash has done fairly well in the system but it is at the expense of Konsa who really looks like a glorified RB in that system. Konsa has to marshall FB and RCB because Axel isn't good enough.

Its so disjointed.

Archer does actually have four goals for the first team this season including one against Chelsea. The lad has something.
He has 4 for our reserves 3 against Barrow who are practically non-league infact I didn't realise they were back in the league until we drew them.
Hope he makes it but the odds say he won't

He has 4 for our reserves 3 against Barrow who are practically non-league infact I didn't realise they were back in the league until we drew them.
Hope he makes it but the odds say he won't
I'm not sure if he will make it but the way I see it he has done well in the first team this year and is in red hot form at youth level. He has scored 4 goals in 5 first appearances overall. Keinan Davis has 7 goals in 86 appearances, people can quibble over game time but he had a decent run of starts in the Championship and didn't look up to much in front of goal.

We currently have Watkins who is literally an anti-goal in the box and has a first touch which goes as far as I can kick a football, Ings who isn't really finding his way in the side. So I wouldn't be against Archer getting a bit more of a look-in than he is right now.

For me anyway, from what I've seen of him, which is probably the same as everyone else on here, his movement, positioning and finishing abilities should be transferable to any division. Yes,you could argue the fact the majority has been against lower league opposition but he'll be playing with, allegedly, better quality players in the 1st team. You play players on form not reputation and currently he's right up there squad wise.
Not advocating he should be starting as such but he definitely warrants more than a 5 minute cameo.
If he performs well it's a win win scenario if not then he'll just be another in a long line of also rans but unless he gets that opportunity we'll never know.
I have high hopes for this lad.

For me anyway, from what I've seen of him, which is probably the same as everyone else on here, his movement, positioning and finishing abilities should be transferable to any division. Yes,you could argue the fact the majority has been against lower league opposition but he'll be playing with, allegedly, better quality players in the 1st team. You play players on form not reputation and currently he's right up there squad wise.
Not advocating he should be starting as such but he definitely warrants more than a 5 minute cameo.
If he performs well it's a win win scenario if not then he'll just be another in a long line of also rans but unless he gets that opportunity we'll never know.
I have high hopes for this lad.

Can’t really pick fault with what he’s achieved so far, he can only achieve more if given the opportunities. Yes 3 of those goals were against lowly Barrow but nobody can deny that he has got the better of any of the defenders put in front of him so far. That to me says he deserves to be given tougher challenges.

Weimann probably didn't help himself too much with his apparent partying but I'll still never forgive Paul Lambert for trying to turn him into a midfielder.

Weimann at the end of the day found his level, not a premier league player, but no shame in what he has done, he is having a good career by a lot of players standards.