The Boubacar Kamara Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Boubacar Kamara Thread

I think he's in for a shock at the pace of the EPL. Hopefully he adapts very quickly as his position is such a key role.

I think what bodes well, even though it’s a friendly, is Marsh and his Leeds team are a press intensive team. The Red Bull way to play with high intensity pressing and try to force turnovers and create transitions. It’s only a friendly but I think it bodes well that he’ll adjust quickly and that the team is getting comfortable being a possession based team.

Looking forward to seeing how he fares against the likes of United. Leeds are a bit of a shit show now so not too worried about them.

I think what bodes well, even though it’s a friendly, is Marsh and his Leeds team are a press intensive team. The Red Bull way to play with high intensity pressing and try to force turnovers and create transitions. It’s only a friendly but I think it bodes well that he’ll adjust quickly and that the team is getting comfortable being a possession based team.
To be honest I thought they forced into a lot of hoof balling that went nowhere.

Some of the obvious things is that he's a clear physical presence, is calm on the ball and generally finds a shirt and can do one or two touch stuff rather than dwelling on the ball.

He looks really good at intercepting and nicking the ball away without going to ground.

Something that is a bit more under the radar is he seem calm under intense pressure and tight spaces, he looks like he knows how to take a good touch and win a foul when getting closed down by a couple of players. It's clever.

I'm sure there will be some rocky moments and getting up to speed with this league can take time but he has the look of a potential top player to me.

I’ve only seen the Leeds clip but it looks like he’s made for that midfield position. It’ll be interesting to see him against Man. Utd. If he shines in that game we’ve got a star.