The all new - WHO ARE YOU thread!!! | Page 4 | Vital Football

The all new - WHO ARE YOU thread!!!

I've hardly been to Villa games with people I know. Coming from Stafford all my firends were Wolves or Stoke and everyone used to get free tickets to both grounds which left Villa very much off everybodys radar. I spent years telling my folks that I was going to Wolves with a load of school friends only to jump on the Stafford to Witton train. When I went to Uni it became the case of everyone being Man Ure or red scouse and now I live in Bristol everybody is City or Rovers if their not Man Ure, Arse, Pool.

I wouldn't have had it any other way either as I've met so many top people at Villa Park who I otherwise wouldn't have chatted to because I'd have been talking to the people I went with. That was the beauty of The Holte in those days though I suppose, you could pick out a familiar face and go stand next to them. I miss them days.

Im new and thought id better do this lol!!

Name: Lester Manning
Married: no
Children: Nope
Villa fan since: Birth.
First game remember going to: Home game against Watford in the 80's not sure of exact date or score.
All time favourite player: Paul McGrath
Current favourite player: Gareth Barry
Favourite alcoholic drink: Corona
Favaorite non-alcoholic drink: Vimto
Favourite Take-away: Indian
Favourite Film: Waynes World
Favourite TV Show: Simpsons, Soprano, Family Guy
Music?: Jungle/ old skool rave
Celebrity you'd most like to bang: Eva Longoria
Best ever moment in your life: Seeing Villa win League cup in 94 at Wembley with my Dad and Uncle (RIP)
Ambitions: See the Villa win the premiership
Wise words: Treat others as you want to be treated yourself

Name: Vicky Keating
Location: Born in Devon, now living in Yorkshire (Laughing at Leeds United results!!!)
Married: No, living with partner of nearly 6 years
Children: No
Villa fan since:I was born, follow the family tradition!
First game remember going to: First vivid memory is a win over Man Utd on boxing day many years ago, I had been before though with my dad & uncle (My Nan poured her soup over a guy in a suit & sunglasses, mmm it was an evening game!!
All time favourite player: Alan Wright (Nicknamed Stump in our house!!)
Favourite alcoholic drink: Orange Reef
Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee
Favourite Take-away: Curry
Music?: Too many to mention
Best ever moment in your life: Being Born!!
Ambitions: Garage full of sports cars, big house, holiday homes around the world!!
Other Fact: I am Col8's daughter and have alot of posting to do to catch the old man up!!

Poor girl, you deserve (but probably won't get) all our sympathies due to your unfortunate family heritage.

Does the old man have to watch his p's and q's now? Trickster? Col?
Well does he?

Welcome aboard Trickster. I'm fairly comfortable and confident in making the assumption that you're a damn sight better looking than the old man.

Name: Mark Meehan
Married: Yes
Children: One son 25(strange name I know!)
Villa fan since: Birth. Dad was from Deykin Avenue, 400 yards from VP, Grandad drank with Pongo.
First game: 1967 but cant recall who against-season ticket from 69 till 81 when I had to work Saturdays.
All time favourite player: Brian Little
Favourite alcoholic drink: Ma Pardoes
Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Vimto
Favourite Take-away: Chinese
Favourite Film: Star Wars Episode 4
Favourite TV Show: Star Trek, Battlestar Gallactica (new series)
Music: Mainly rock, Springsteen, Rush, Zep, but other stuff too(not rap)
Celebrity you'd most like to bang: Trisha Helfer, Jolene Blalock,Angelina Jollie (all at once!)
Best ever moment in your life: Scoring winner at VP 1976 Villa Cup Final
Ambitions: To worry about if I can get a ticket for Villa in Champions League Final
Wise words: Dont get drunk in hospitality at White Hart Lane and then leap in the air when the Villa walk out, it can end in tears

Name: Gordon Collins
Married: Yes, five years this year in May
Children: First due in March
Villa fan since: 10
First game remember going to: Aston Villa v Westham circa 1987, it was my birthday and Dad took me, he was a Westham fan and we whipped them 4-2 I think, sat in the old Witton Lane stand
Current favourite player: Gabby
Favourite alcoholic drink: Stella
Favaorite non-alcoholic drink: Tea
Favourite Take-away: Chinese
Favourite Film: Carry on up the Kyber
Favourite TV Show: Top Gear
Music?: Rock
Celebrity you'd most like to bang: Myleene Klass
Best ever moment in your life: 1981, no wait, getting married 2002
Ambitions: See Villa become great once again
Wise words: It only takes a second to score a goal

Name: Damian
Married: No
Children: Oskar
Villa fan since: As long as i can remember
First game: remember going but don't remember who it was against
All time favourite player: Not sure, I really liked Mark Bosnich but Ian Taylor probably tops it
Current favourite player: Liam 'Future England Captian' Ridgewell
Favourite alcoholic drink: I love wine but very difficult to get a good bottle where I am living now and getting it sent is also difficult. So I'm developing a taste for beer, again.
Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Irn Bru or water
Favourite Take-away: In the day, St Elmo's pizza from South Africa or an Indian restaurant I used to frequent in Clapham
Favourite Film: Now: Godfather. Then: Stand By Me
Favourite TV Show: West Wing or 24
Music: Everything
Celebrity you'd most like to bang: Done her and can't say her name.
Best ever moment in your life: My sons birth, closely followed by having a cigarette with David James after the semi-final of the FA Cup in the tunnel Wembley
Ambitions: To create a stable home and future for my family
Wise words: Read below

Name: Steve
Married: Yes too Samantha, Mrs Skeggy to you.
Children: Sean 15, Daniel 13, Robyn 8, Hannah 3
Villa Fan Since: I was about 4 and we played wembley and I was told too be the Villa, by the bigger boys.
First Villa Game: Against Leeds we lost 2-1 I was about 5.
All time favourite player: Andy Gray.
Current favourite player: Gaby Agbonlahor.
Favourite alcoholic drink: Not a big drinker these days but a nice pint of Batemans XB, local brewery.
Favourite non alcoholic drink: Black Coffee no sugar.
Favourite Takeaway: Prawn Bhuna and rice.
Favourite Film: A Bridge Too Far and The Star Wars films.
Favourite TV programme: The Simpsons and Trial and Retribution.
Music: Madness.
Celebrity You Would Most Like Too Bang: Hallie Berry.
Best Moment in my life: My kids being born.
Ambition: To nag my kids and general hound them so they get excellent educations and high paid jobs so I can move in with them when I'm old and snowy haired.
Wise Words: Be nice to your kids they choose your nursing home.

Name: Mr Butter
Children: no
Villa Fan Since: About the age of 11
First Villa Game: Against Southampton can't remember the year. It was the last day of the season and they were trying to avoid religation. Our season had been over for weeks and we still beat them.
Current favourite player: Olaf by a beard hair over Barry
Favourite alcoholic drink: vodka or gin. guinness if I'm home
Favourite non alcoholic drink: sprite? don't really care for non-alcoholic drinks
Favourite Takeaway: probably a burito from the epicurian centre but it depends on my mood.
Favourite Film: The Matrix/ Fight Club
Favourite TV programme: Top Gear or anything about football. Hate everything else.
Music: whatever
Celebrity You Would Most Like Too Bang: My Serena Williams fetish has resurfaced after seeing her on the telly the other day. Aside from her I don't really pay attention to celebrities.
Best Moment in my life: League cup final against Leeds. Graduation. The first month of profit for my business.
Ambition: To get my business into good enough shape that I can play golf and go on holidays a lot.
Wise Words: Anyone who wants to be a politician should automatically be disqualified from running for office.

Suppose I'd better start posting.........

Name: Aidan
Children: Nope
Villa Fan Since: 1990
First Villa Game: First league match of the 1990 season. Our local football team were in Bridgend for the weekend and we went up to Birmingham to see the Villa play Southampton. It ended 1-1 and I can say that I saw Tony Cascarino score for the Villa! Not too many people can say that!!!!!! To put a tin hat on the day, I got to meet Paul McGrath afterwrds. What a day......
All time favourite player: Could only be McGrath
Current favourite player: Martin Laurson, whenever he plays, otherwise Barry
Favourite alcoholic drink: Guinness or Smithwicks
Favourite non alcoholic drink: tea
Favourite Takeaway: whichever one's nearest
Favourite Film: The Blues Brothers or The Life of Brian
Favourite TV programme:
Music: The Stranglers, Pink Floyd, Madness
Celebrity You Would Most Like Too Bang: Victoria Smurfit
Best Moment in my life: Has to be when I got married last year. Great day and mighty craic!
Ambition: Be happy in whatever I do. Sounds a bit soft but I've spent long enough working in jobs that suck the life from you!
Wise Words: I never remember any!

Trekkers favourite alcaholic drink is Ma Pardoes.

That kinds begs the question - WHAT THE FECK IS MA PARDOES?

Beefy, Ma Pardoes is a pub/brewery in Netherton, Dudley. It brews different beers on the premises, and is one of the oldest remaining brew houses in the UK. The beers win many prizes and the pub has been CAMRA regional pub of the year previously.
I particularly like the "Original".
And the owner is a very long standing friend.
The resturant is superb too.